Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I got a random noise happening under the drivers side of my cab. It seems to happen mostly when I first touch the brakes or when the transmission shifts gears while traveling at average speeds. It almost seems like a thermostat or some sort of switch activating, but I can't imagine what it would be. Some times I barely notice it and other times it can be kinda loud. It almost sounds like a spring snapping back quickly. Anybody else have this issue? My truck is a 4x4 CC XE, BTW. Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Going to take to dealer soon if they find a fix I will pass it on

·
Registered
533 Posts
Got the same thing on my 05 SE CC. I just thought it was the brake light switch or something....let me know what you get and what dealer in Houston knows how to fix...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm glad to hear I'm not alone, I was starting to think I'm crazy. I heard it some more the other day and it kinda sounds like a soda can bangin on the floorboard under between the front and back seats (underneath the truck, of course). I notice it a lot while I'm driving and not only when I'm in the parking lot. Let me know if you guys hear anything from the dealership. Thanks for your input.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Everytime you start your truck and reach somewhere around 20mph, the ABS braking will run a test which sounds just like what you describe. It will only do it once after every engine start.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tall Texan thats what my dealer said also,well hope that is all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts