Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a perplexing issue with my 04 titan haven't found a tread that has this specific issue so I thought I would add it and see if anyone has any idea of what it could be... cleaning out the bed of my truck my kids had put some hand sized rocks in the bed so I tossed them out and one of them struck the right rear light breaking the lens and killed the indicator light... impressive... So feeling abashed I fixes the lens and replaced the bulb on the test to make sure the light was gonna work it did not... So I began trouble shooting... first I put my meter on the socket no power or maybe bad ground so I rigged some wires to my light bulb and used a different ground... nope... So I switched to the cargo light power and put the ground on the signal light ground... light turns on... ground good no power so I ran a new wire from right front light to the right rear using the ground from the rt rear light both tail lights begin to flash a the side marker light which I never knew I had on this truck... So confusing not sure where to go with it now... any ideas??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of bulbs do you have in your truck? If they are LED, many of them are polarity sensitive and must be installed in the correct orientation. Simply removing the bulb and twisting it 180 degrees will make it work. Just a thought...
Haven't made the jump to led on the markers yet thank you for the input though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So..... update.... I don't know why I have no power to the right rear marker light ...so I ended up running another power wire from rt front to rear front and clipped the og power cable taped the end to be sure it doesn't ground out. I used the og socket and it works just getto as hell

·
Registered
111 Posts
Electrical Gremlins man. I shudder at the thought.

Sounds like you are doing the correct troubleshooting procedure. You know what wire is bad, now you just have to find WHERE it is losing current.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts