Nissan Titan Forum banner

Strange issue with automatic up on driver side window

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  sardaukar 
#1 ·
I've noticed that my driver side window intermittently decides not to do that auto up function. When this happens (which is more often than not) I hear a fast clicking sound when I put the switch in the auto up position. It works fine if I only hit the first detente for the manual raise. When I bought the truck the back windows weren't responding to the master switch so I replaced it (which fixed the back window issue) but the auto up is still problematic. Anyone else had an issue with this?

#2 ·
This might sound dumb. But did you change your battery recently?

Its possible the automatic windows may need to be relearned. It is easy to do, no scan tools needed. Most nissans need to have the auto windows relearned after changing the battery.

#3 ·
I haven't disconnected the battery recently but I did try the window relearn procedure. It didn't help but I will double check the instructions and try it again. Strange thing is that sometimes the window goes up just fine.

#4 ·
To reprogram the auto-up function, I believe it should be this. (Worked on my '07 Armada)

Put the window all the way down while continuing to hold the button in the down position for 5 seconds after it is all the way down. Then put the window all the way up while continuing to hold the button in the up position for 5 seconds after it is all the way up.

#5 ·
I tried it again to no avail. If I use the auto up it rolls up a few centimeters and then stops. If I hold up the switch I hear a fast clicking sound and the window goes up incrementally with the clicking sound. I've already replaced the master switch.

#7 ·
Just a thought, since I live on a dirt road and the window track on the driver's side has to be cleaned frequently: the window tracks need to be clean and have a bit of light lubrication in order for the glass to go up and down smoothly. Maybe yours need a bit of attention...?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.