Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started the other day and I thought I had a rock caught in my brake caliper. Well after a day or so it got worse. As of last night it started out as a sqeaky clicking noise as you started off the light and got faster as you increased speed. I put the truck in neutral a few times just to see if it would stop and it would not. This is my second Titan. It is a 2010 Pro4X with 26,000 miles. I had a 04 which I put 105,000 on before I sold it and had no rear diff problems. Does this sound like I am about to have a rear diff failure?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would appreciate any info on this problem. I really cant figure out if it is coming from the rear end or the driveshaft. Anyone had anything similar happen?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured the guys who have had diff failure would know what a failing diff sounds like. The sound if definately coming from the center rear of the truck. Around the rear diff. It is either that or a driveshaft issue. Any other ideas of what this may be?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
"clicking" is characteristic of bad U-joints, although they usually last longer than 26k. A 2010 w/ 26k is under warranty, so I would let the dealer figure it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts