Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend i washed and detailed my Titan since the weather was in the high 40's low 50's. So today i go out to my car at 5AM to head to work and the rear passenger side door won't open. Now, the temperature had dropped into low teens overnight so i thought maybe it was frozen to the door frame. However, the handle pulls out and the lock unlocks and works with the remote, but the door will not budge.

My only guess was somehow the internal locking actuator must have frozen or something. When i got to work after my 45 min. drive (and the truck was all warmed up) the rear door opened just fine, so i thought that was probably what happened...or so i thought.

Well later in the day it did it again. I was able to get the door to open but then it wouldn't latch shut. I'd slam it but the lock acuator wouldn't catch. After 4-5 tries i got it to shut, but now i'm worried it might be something more than the cold weather.

Any ideas? :huh: I'm gonna try to used liquid wrench on the lock mechanism later tonight, hopefully that won't freeze too.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Sabre,

All I can see in the service manual is the power lock setup and how to removed the door panel.

You could have a bind in there somewhere thats not allowing the mechanism (Cables) to work or your latch catches could be mis-adjusted.

Best I can come up with.

chris

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yea, I'd wheel that thing into the dealership. Sounds like a minor defect.

Sabre66 said:
This weekend i washed and detailed my Titan since the weather was in the high 40's low 50's. So today i go out to my car at 5AM to head to work and the rear passenger side door won't open. Now, the temperature had dropped into low teens overnight so i thought maybe it was frozen to the door frame. However, the handle pulls out and the lock unlocks and works with the remote, but the door will not budge.

My only guess was somehow the internal locking actuator must have frozen or something. When i got to work after my 45 min. drive (and the truck was all warmed up) the rear door opened just fine, so i thought that was probably what happened...or so i thought.

Well later in the day it did it again. I was able to get the door to open but then it wouldn't latch shut. I'd slam it but the lock acuator wouldn't catch. After 4-5 tries i got it to shut, but now i'm worried it might be something more than the cold weather.

Any ideas? :huh: I'm gonna try to used liquid wrench on the lock mechanism later tonight, hopefully that won't freeze too.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Sabre66 said:

Sabre66,

The exact thing happened to me with the door not shutting. Luckily I was at home so I just left it ajar for the night and it was the weekend so I didn't have to use it until around noon the next day and then everything worked just fine. At first I thought that the childproof locks might be the problem so I switched them to the lock position and the problem was still there. It was dark so I couldn't look at the latch to see what was happening. It worked fine the next day, so like you, I thought it was cold weather related. I live in Louisiana and it was just below freezing when it happened. If it is cold temperature related you would think our northern Titan owners would have this problem often. The next time it happens I will get my flashlight and compare it to what the other door looks like. The door that was affected was the rear door on the Crew Cab on the driver's side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts