Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 Titan, crewcab 2 whl drive. Has that movement in the driveline somewhere when you come to a complete stop and start. Nissan lost the lemon law hearing and its not axle wrap. Its supposedly only on the 2 wheel drives with a carrier bearing on the drive shaft. They replaced the rear end, trans, and the carrier bearing. Anyway, I am now looking for a 08 4x4.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
my 05 does the exact same thing, told local dlr about it twice when i dropped it off, told technician could not duplicate.... what to do \?????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,345 Posts
I was told that same crap, "it's normal" then after a few months, I finally got tired of the crap, went under there, removed the skid plate over the transmission/transfer, found that the rubber housing around the transmission/transfer mount had completely ripped and no longer held the tranny to the body/frame. The stealership ended up replacing it after a heated discussion of "I told you this from week one, and your idiot mechanics couldn't find anything wrong... only if they would've removed the skid pan!!!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,534 Posts
Stupid dealer mechanics cant find anything or know how to trouble shoot. They wouldnt make it as a aircraft mech.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
DRTYAZN said:
I was told that same crap, "it's normal" then after a few months, I finally got tired of the crap, went under there, removed the skid plate over the transmission/transfer, found that the rubber housing around the transmission/transfer mount had completely ripped and no longer held the tranny to the body/frame. The stealership ended up replacing it after a heated discussion of "I told you this from week one, and your idiot mechanics couldn't find anything wrong... only if they would've removed the skid pan!!!"
good find dude ! i am going to check mine right now...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Mrhavasu said:
06 Titan, crewcab 2 whl drive. Has that movement in the driveline somewhere when you come to a complete stop and start. Nissan lost the lemon law hearing and its not axle wrap. Its supposedly only on the 2 wheel drives with a carrier bearing on the drive shaft. They replaced the rear end, trans, and the carrier bearing. Anyway, I am now looking for a 08 4x4.
How do you make nissan Buy Back the Titan ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just took them to the lemon law arbitration hearing and presented my side and Nissan gave theirs. The ruling was in my favor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,625 Posts
Let me ask you a question. Why on earth would you reward a company that treated you so poorly that you had to actually go to a hearing instead of just doing the right thing and buying it back? I don't get it. I'm not getting down on the Titans here, but I am bashing Nissan. I don't understand the concept of fighting a company with CRAPPY customer care, and then rewarding them with another purchase. I will never own another Nissan because of the way I was treated and it has nothing to do with how much I like their cars or how reliable I think they are.

I see it on here all the time. At least you won your case but then there are those people who just complain about how bad their 04 is and how NISSAN1 did nothing for them so they go and trade it in and buy a new one? Makes no sense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
TriKKy said:
Let me ask you a question. Why on earth would you reward a company that treated you so poorly that you had to actually go to a hearing instead of just doing the right thing and buying it back? I don't get it. I'm not getting down on the Titans here, but I am bashing Nissan. I don't understand the concept of fighting a company with CRAPPY customer care, and then rewarding them with another purchase. I will never own another Nissan because of the way I was treated and it has nothing to do with how much I like their cars or how reliable I think they are.

I see it on here all the time. At least you won your case but then there are those people who just complain about how bad their 04 is and how NISSAN1 did nothing for them so they go and trade it in and buy a new one? Makes no sense.

:werd: Whenever I sell/trade/whatever my Titan, it will be a long, long, long time before I even think about buying another Nissan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
YES I have a 2004 and Nissan basically sold me a concept truck. Don't they have any R&D and if they do then they hired a bunch of car guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I understand how you guys feel as that is exactly how I feel about Ford. Problem is this, I am test driving Gm trucks and Dodges and am not real impressed, toyota is way overpriced. It appears that for me, the Titan is still the best choice. Now my truck had this problem since day one and I did notice it on the test drive. I honestly felt it was maybe a loose spare or my imagination. I will not let that happen again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
I don't know...mine does it as well. I have a 2007 4X4 CC. Just won a lemon law dispute for a different problem. Now I'm waiting for the process to be over.
I will not buy a Nissan this time although I agree that for the money it still offers the most features and drives better than Ford, Chevy, and dodge. Going through the lemon experience makes one very picky.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
I've been there done that. I'm glad to see that Nissan is having to buy back vehicles expecially on the same defect. Hopefully, it will force them to correct the problem. However, I've been told that every auto maker actually budgets for buy backs so they may not care as long as they stay with in budget.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=c0uflnnqVRs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,108 Posts
TriKKy said:
Let me ask you a question. Why on earth would you reward a company that treated you so poorly that you had to actually go to a hearing instead of just doing the right thing and buying it back? I don't get it. I'm not getting down on the Titans here, but I am bashing Nissan. I don't understand the concept of fighting a company with CRAPPY customer care, and then rewarding them with another purchase. I will never own another Nissan because of the way I was treated and it has nothing to do with how much I like their cars or how reliable I think they are.

I see it on here all the time. At least you won your case but then there are those people who just complain about how bad their 04 is and how NISSAN1 did nothing for them so they go and trade it in and buy a new one? Makes no sense.
Name one company that doesn't do the same as Nissan???

From stealerships to manufacturers-- they all seem to do this same thing, US companies or foreign. Its always something. I can say I was screwed over big time so many times by local stealerships on my Pontiac, I bought a Jeep and got rid of the Pontiac (gave to my brother) so I would never have to deal with those losers and price gougers again. Sure, I could go somewhere else, but many issues required some kind of stealership interaction for the issues I was having.

Chrysler/Jeep-- Never again. Yeah they all have issues, but I had SO MANY issues with my Jeep while under warranty, it makes Nissan quality look 10,000 times better. I was basically their beta tester IMO... And here many are complaining about bad differentials and brake shudder and a couple minor issues...

I had 3+ files FULL of issues at ONE stealership! and I went to more than one in the area. So many issues: transmission replaced (supposedly the first one to ever fail), 3 drive shaft issues and denial of problem I had to prove to them jeep knew there was a problem (but was failing to tell all dealers), drive shaft fell off after transmission replacement due to poor quality service, rear differentials replaced 2+ times, window motors always failing, fuel pump o-ring failing requiring fuel pump replacement at least twice, transfer case and differential seals always leaking, shocks leaking, AND MANY MORE!!!

I tried for arbitration/lemon law, but it was denied since it was just out of warranty. HUH!? it was still covered by the extended warranty that I bought the last day before the factory warranty went out... but either way, things finally got better as newer models were released, so I received the upgraded parts...

Oh yeah, brake shudder issues on the Nissan!? HAHA! Jeep was the same... only the local stealership screwed me and charged me for an expensive brake job + new rotors, even though it was their faulty calipers that ruined the rotors.. but "its a wearable part"... BASTARDS! At least I got the new bad *** calipers... :) although they no longer were gold in color to match my gold wheels...

Luckily the Jeep ran well for several years after the extended warranty ran out, except for a couple things that one would expect with high mileage , like a radiator replacement, wheel bearing, rear caliper replacement, etc . I sold it this past summer and it was in excellent condition for 8 years old. Still running strong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,625 Posts
Energizer said:
Name one company that doesn't do the same as Nissan???
Honda. Been through problems with them and they were phenomenal. In fact on the V6 Honda forums there is a Nissan guy who, back in 04, told me not to expect the same service from Nissan corporate that I got from Honda. On that same thread many people agreed with him.

My 03 Accord had to go into the shop for a few things right after I bought it. Honda called ME, I didn't have to pickup the phone. They asked me what was going on and I said a few problems and that I was getting a little nervous and THEY offered me a 5 year 100K warranty.


As far as stealerships go, I've found that Nissan dealerships are (generally) subpar and they cause many problems. This was just my experience but I will say that from what I've read on here many Nissan dealerships don't know their asses from their heads.

Also, please understand me that I'm not bashing the truck. I absolutely understand where people are coming from when they say that it is a good value. Personally, however, if I were in the market right now and I couldn't see getting a big 3, I would likely pay the premium for the Toyota even if I thought it was overpriced since it would be my only option left.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,108 Posts
TriKKy said:
but as you know, they don't make trucks... :)

With all the problems I had on my Jeep, I'm so happy with my Nissan, oh, and my Audi, but the local Audi stealership busted a dash vent (probably their car wash people) when they were reprogramming my remote, and they wouldn't fix it... that cost a pretty penny...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Mrhavasu said:
06 Titan, crewcab 2 whl drive. Has that movement in the driveline somewhere when you come to a complete stop and start. Nissan lost the lemon law hearing and its not axle wrap. Its supposedly only on the 2 wheel drives with a carrier bearing on the drive shaft. They replaced the rear end, trans, and the carrier bearing. Anyway, I am now looking for a 08 4x4.
I have the same thing going on in my titan and its a 2005 crew cab 4X4???
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top