Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the jack wagons at the dealership put on new tires as part of the "reconditioning", they must have stripped one of the wheel studs. I literally had to yank the wheel off of the hub to free the lug nut from the stud.

My question is: is it worth my time to try a tap/die, or should I just take it to my friend's shop? My friend would charge me $20. I try to avoid anything involving the brake system especially when it comes to breaking the caliper bolts free :teethmast

As of now, I am only using 5 of 6 studs on the rear driver side wheel.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
i thought it was gona be a chore but replacing them is real easy.... id buy a new stud and diy

Reactions: madrock

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll give it a shot

·
Premium Member
15,695 Posts
yep get a new stud. you can knock the old one out and put in the new one. all you have to remove is the wheel.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
buy and extra lug nut, so you can pull the stud into the rotor.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry I missed this. I just had this problem about a month ago, except I ended up with 5 wheels studs busted from a monkey with an airgun! Did you ever get yours replaced? I am assuming since it was 3 days ago you already got it done. If not a flat lug nut against the brake rotor will work a million times better than the acorn style from factory. Autozone had studs for $2.XX a piece and the lugs about the same. Job took me a while because I had 5 of em to do, but one should be a simple job.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet. I have 5 of the 6 lug nuts on it, so I'm not too concerned. Plus my truck is going to be dormant for the next 3 months while I drive my wife's Pathfinder. The school she works at last day is tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
The people that inspected my truck cross threaded a stud. I discovered this when I swapped from summer/winter wheels this past weekend. I'm going to have to replace the stud as well.

·
Registered
480 Posts
You can beat the old stud out of the hub with some gentle taps from a big hammer.
This is why I tell them to use a torque wrench on my wheels, I don't want warped rotors from some retard not paying attention.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts