Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 112k on the clock, it's time to replace my OEM junk shocks and struts. :)
My truck is a '05 2wd and suspension is completely stock.

What I'm looking for is replacement struts with pre-installed springs, so I can simply swap out the old for new, without having to fiddle around with trying to compress the old spring.

Basically, I want this to be a job that I can do, without going to a repair shop.

So far, the only struts I have found with pre-installed springs are the PRG Radflos, which are $770 and up. :teeth: Besides the price, I think they are overkill for a stock 2wd truck that is rarely driven off road.

It would be nice to find some Bilsteins with springs installed. Are there any options besides the Radflos? :confused:

Maybe it would be cheaper to buy a quality spring compressor and go with the Bilsteins?

·
Super Moderator
161,018 Posts
I was under the impression that Greg would send you a pair of Bilstein HDs as a complete unit, springs and all. Just charged a "core charge" for the tower and spring to be refunded once you sent him yours back. Might be worth asking Greg about it. Don't know what it would cost to ship those heavy units back to him, though.

I'm thinking that 37L1, our moderator here, did this.

Reactions: Misfit

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was under the impression that Greg would send you a pair of Bilstein HDs as a complete unit, springs and all. Just charged a "core charge" for the tower and spring to be refunded once you sent him yours back. Might be worth asking Greg about it. Don't know what it would cost to ship those heavy units back to him, though.

I'm thinking that 37L1, our moderator here, did this.

Greg doesn't do that anymore. He said it just became a big pain in the a**. I asked him about that around a month ago as it is no longer on his website. I ended up just going with the Radflo's and couldn't be happier. Well worth the price in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
161,018 Posts
Good to know, sir. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts