Nissan Titan Forum banner

Stubby Antenna

10K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Roush 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried a stubby antenna, like from Ronin Factory or CravenSpeed? How's the reception? Any recommendations?

#4 ·
The Ronin and Cravenspeed bullets look like they're one in the same, possible made by the same company, just re-branded...

Was more interested in just the stubby, not the bullet style, and I'm sure the performance is similar so thanks for the input!

#5 ·
i ordered a short universal antenna from amazon (similar to the picture attached), but when i remove the stock antenna, the threaded bit is still in the truck (not the antenna). I cant use one of the adapters, and the threaded end doesnt fit in the short antenna. its too big. I have never had that problem before :)

Am i turning the antenna the wrong direction to remove it (should i be going clockwise)? I didnt want to break anything, so i didnt twist too hard.

Attachments

#6 ·
I got a "Mr. Stubby" antenna (from Amazon) for my '17 Pro4X. Reception is OK but I rarely listen to broadcast radio since I listen to SiriusXM instead.

The OEM antenna on my '07 was struck by lightning, frying all the electronic controllers in the truck so I didn't want to risk that happening again/.

#13 ·
I ordered the ronin .50 cal antenna off amazon (35 bucks I think?) and so far I can't say I've noticed a huge change.. I usually don't use my radio anyways but when I do I don't think there is much difference from the stock OEM.. idk I got sick and tired of the long antenna and always removing it before a car wash. Looks way better IMO

#16 ·
I'm looking to replace my antenna as well. Shocked that they actually use a fixed mast antenna, given how much drag those things pose on the highway. Figured they'd be more interested in making the vehicle more aerodynamic. The bullet does look like it would be a cool antenna, but I can see every little maggot being attracted to it and attempting to remove it (despite its anti-theft mechanism).