Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Titan is stuck in 4 wheel low, the 4-low light is blinking. Does anyone have any suggestions where to start looking for the problem? Unfortunatley the truck is no where near a dealer and would have to trailered to get to one.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
an old trick you might try is backing up in a straight line for about 25 to 50 feet. Do it in figure 8's if you can't go straight. Then put it in park or neutral and try shifting out. Good luck.

·
Registered
324 Posts
has to be in neutral to get out of 4 low, but like he already said backing up helps too.

·
Premium Member
74,401 Posts
If it's blinking it may have disengaged and you just need to go forward a bit to get the light to go off.... be in N on level ground to shift out. Mine does this every now and then....

it's kind of a pain in the *** IMO and has bugged me a few times..... I finally read the directions in the manual several times step by step but it still gives me grief now and then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same thing just happened to me on my 2004 Titan. A friend told me to stop, put the transmission in neutral, switch to 4LOW, then drive 100'. Lights should be solid and the display on the odometer area should also be solid on. Next, stop, put into neutral, turn switch to 2WD, shift to drive and go forward. Blinking light should now be off and the 4tire display should show 2 wheel drive solid. Worked for me!

·
Registered
739 Posts
If it's blinking it may have disengaged and you just need to go forward a bit to get the light to go off.... be in N on level ground to shift out. Mine does this every now and then....
Yes, after you put it in N and then disengage 4WD, you put it in drive and go forward but I have found that you have to give it some gas to get it to truly disengage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2005 Titan is stuck in 4 wheel low, the 4-low light is blinking. Does anyone have any suggestions where to start looking for the problem? Unfortunatley the truck is no where near a dealer and would have to trailered to get to one.
Stop

put it in natural

switch from 4Lo to 4Hi

“”!!!! You must push the brake peddle at least 75% of the way!!!!””

you should hear a click in the dash.It’s the servo sending the signal to the transfer case.

The 4Lo lite should go off “completely”

1 - 8 of 8 Posts