Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have an issue last Sunday I pulled the dash on my buddies 2010 Titan to replace one of the blend door motors I didn't have time to put it back together so its been sitting in my garage all week. Today I put it all back together and when I started it I noticed it was in 4LO but the switch was on 2wd thought it was kind of weird so I shut the truck off turned the switch to 4LO started the truck back and shifted to neutral with foot on the brake and turned the switch back to 2wd and nothing happened so I tried it again but instead tried to switch to 4HI same thing I verified the switch was plugged in. I've tried coasting forward backing up etc. Not really sure where to go from here I disconnected the battery going to let it sit for about an hour and hope that letting all the modules go to sleep I can shift back to 2wd

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I had to drive backwards about 30 feet to get mine out of 4lo once. It took several tries to get it to come out. Plus I turned the tires slightly side to side when I was trying to get it to disengage. It had been in four low for a few days when it happened to me. Hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to drive backwards about 30 feet to get mine out of 4lo once. It took several tries to get it to come out. Plus I turned the tires slightly side to side when I was trying to get it to disengage. It had been in four low for a few days when it happened to me. Hope this helps
did you drive backwards before or after you shifted back into 2wd?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Before. It took like 4 tries by flipping the switch. Also I think I got it in to 4hi then 2 hi. It's been a few years since I used 4lo because I didn't think I would get it out

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
And I did it on a coast in neutral. Sorry I had to think about it. It won't come out in gear. Maybe a mph or two

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
My buddy said his Titan will come out with the truck in neutral with his brakes pressed down and to 4wd to 2wd.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My buddy said his Titan will come out with the truck in neutral with his brakes pressed down and to 4wd to 2wd.
yeah I tried that after reading through the owners manual Im going to go out in about 5 minutes hook the battery up and try again hopefully it works

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I tried that and still nothing going to go to work in the morning and get my scan tool and multimeter and hopefully I can figure it out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts