Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Nissan Titan with flex fuel, about a week and a half ago put gas in my truck and it would not crank after that, I let it sit for an hour or so and then it cranked up on its own after the second try. The next day it went dead and will not crank back so I replaced the fuel pump, it ran great for a couple of hours after that,turn the engine off and Cranked it back about five or six times but then danger and sputtered and died like it was not getting gas. We have tried everything we can think of but it still would not crank, if I have spray starter fluid into the Throttlebody, it will crank for a few seconds so I know that I am not getting gas to the engine, can someone please advise me as to what might be happening ?

·
Registered
136 Posts
My first thought is the fuel filter. It's an often-neglected component that should be replaced regularly and you get that exact issue if you let the tank empty completely and years of "gunk" from the bottom of the tank gets sucked into the filter and it clogs... I'd check that. It's a ~$10 part that can huge headaches if ignored.

Edited to add: Scratch all that. The symptoms sound like an in-line fuel filter, but the Titan does not have one. Ours is part of the fuel pump because the fuel pressure is so high an in-line filter would be problematic/dangerous.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Unless you swapped just the pump and not the entire pump assembly, you should have a new filter on the new assembly. Could be a bad pump, still, or could be something more difficult to identify. Hopefully someone with some electrical knowledge will swing by and comment if there are known relay/computer issues or such.

I'd stay away from starter fluid. It can do some strange things to electronically controlled trucks, and may have fried something already. Also, are the plugs good?

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Some airtex pumps are junk right out of the box.
Ether proves you have a fuel delivery problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts