Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 years ago my TPMS started flashing. Not the flash for 1 minute and then turn solid. 4 short flashes, repeated endlessly, for the moment the key is on.

I thought it was bad sensor batteries, they were 9 years old, my chrome wheels were flaking and the tires needed replacing, so I replaced wheels, tires and sensors all at once. The tire dealer could not relearn the sensors, the 4 quick flashes just continued. I tried the relearn procedure myself, but it never worked, could never get out of the 4 quick flashes mode.

I finally got around to taking care of an outstanding recall, so while at the dealer, I asked them to relearn (for $30). They couldn't do it either, said it was because I had aftermarket sensors, which is nonsense, I explained the 4 flashes started long before the new sensors.

Googling this issue, I read were my Cipher allows access to the BCM. It does, the thread I read said you could turn the light out, you can, but only temporarily. You can also read the TPMS for fault codes. There were none.

Any further ideas? It seems the problem is with the system, not the sensors, but no fault codes come up.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I use a picture to cover up the TPMS light. I had mine rebuilt 3 years ago to no help.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It may have failed like mine has, I can't even access the TPMS module, it has no communication when the tool tries to program the new sensors into it.

Mine is not flashing but I vaguely remember that happening at one point.

I do have the OEM Nissan tool now though so I should try it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have now deemed this an unfixable error. Black electrical tape or a picture were unsatisfactory solutions for me. So I got into the gauge cluster and snipped the offending LED off of the circuit board. Voila, problem solved.

·
Premium Member
20,956 Posts
Bad relay? Blown fuse? I dunno, just throwing stuff on the wall to see what sticks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts