Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i got a box from tech that i ordered on thanksgiving just got it today and i hate to say it wasnt really worth the wait. so that is the start of my sub problem. i got 2 kicker l7 10s for this box but how come they do not come with the screws to hold it into the box nore any wire to hook it up i think at this point i am now at a 700 dollar waste of money.

Reactions: seabrootx

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I don't think subs or empty boxes customarily come with wire, that is why people buy amp wiring kits. Screws with the subs would be nice, but that is maybe $2 at Home Depot.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i understand just i feel after the time period and then noticing all this it sucks and i dont want any of it any more.

one other question what is the best way to wire a dual voice coil series or parallel?

·
Registered
354 Posts
i got a box from tech that i ordered on thanksgiving just got it today and i hate to say it wasnt really worth the wait. so that is the start of my sub problem. i got 2 kicker l7 10s for this box but how come they do not come with the screws to hold it into the box nore any wire to hook it up i think at this point i am now at a 700 dollar waste of money.
ouch!! $700 for a box and subs. id be pissed to being kicker is made in china for pennys. A custom box aint cheep tho. i could have had one shiped out a.s.a.p.

·
Registered
23 Posts
what kinda sub box u got? i have one for 2 12's and i only payed 120 out the door and got it right on the spot. also i have memphis 12's in it with a memphis p1.1000 amp and a jvc avx830 double din and that system hits harder than the 2 15" kickers i had sitting on my back seat.

120 box
180 x2 subs
430 double din
900 amp

wire 60 cents a foot
50 dollar wire kit
2 dollar screws

but i looked at the best of everything. u should be able to get a good system for about 500

·
Registered
59 Posts
Should have built your own box. Super easy, took me three hours to build two separate sealed enclosures, for two Alpine Type R SWR 1243d's. Sounds amazing and cost only $500 for everything except the Zapco amp for the subs.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Should have built your own box. Super easy, took me three hours to build two separate sealed enclosures, for two Alpine Type R SWR 1243d's. Sounds amazing and cost only $500 for everything except the Zapco amp for the subs.
Oh I know that Zapco was'nt cheap thats some good sh*t. Made in the good ol U.S.A.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
DAMN!!!!!! thats a long time for a box. Im sorry if I make any mad but much more could be had for less, you just have to look around. I just picked up a second Kicker 1000.1 for $50 NEW (a friend). BASSSSSSS here I come.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i understand just i feel after the time period and then noticing all this it sucks and i dont want any of it any more.

one other question what is the best way to wire a dual voice coil series or parallel?
Sounds like someone should call the WHAAAAMBULANCE or WHIIIINE ONE ONE!!! Do your homework next time! i got a box from Tech and it took a while to get it, but everyone is impressed with it and the sound I get outta my sub/box combo. A good box will make your system sound awesome, VS a junk walmart produced box. Make sure you know enough about ohms and impedence for your subs and your amp before you set anything up. A good way to kill a system is setting it up wrong

·
Registered
59 Posts
thats one kick a$$ amp right there. Its funny becuase when most people here the name zapco they think swap meet just becuase they never heard of it. Just like when i bring up my alumapro or rainbow :bangit:

So true. They think I'm full of it when they here it's 5000w RMS @ 1 ohm right now (1/4 ohm stable.) Then they look it up and see it cost over $3,000 and realize it's probably not a swap meet POS... What Alumapro do you have? My buddy had the A600.1 I think, really nice amp.

·
Registered
354 Posts
So true. They think I'm full of it when they here it's 5000w RMS @ 1 ohm right now (1/4 ohm stable.) Then they look it up and see it cost over $3,000 and realize it's probably not a swap meet POS... What Alumapro do you have? My buddy had the A600.1 I think, really nice amp.
im runing the a600.1 with the alumapro alchemy rx subs. iv been thinking of getting some DD subs. My brother has them in his T and they slam.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts