Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fixing to begin my audio overhaul and have a few questions to those who have done it before. I own a 2004 cc. I am wondering as to what sub size will fit under the seat based upon air space. Most CC and Ext. Cabs truck require shallow mount subs. Is this true with the Titan? I am thinking about 10s as I like the clean bass but would consider other options. Lastly, I have looked for days and can not find many 'real' reviews on subs and mids from professional installers.. most are people who base their claim on what they bought and don't want to feel taken. Any suggestions as to mids for the doors?

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you have a custom box built you can go with two 12" subs that are non shallow. I used to run 2 rockford fosgate P3 subs below the seat in my 06 cc. I wasn't happy with them so I went to a 12" Diamond Audio D3 and they sounded better to me. When it comes to finding the right subwoofer in our trucks if you did a JL audio W3 would be great as JL makes great products. I would also recommend Kicker subs as they have a lot of boom...however I would stay with their comp series or square sub series L5 would also fit under the seat. I use JL audio 6x9 in my front doors and Rockford Fosgate 6.5" in the rear as my fill speaker. I have ran numerous setups in my truck and I think I am finally happy with what I have. I decided to go away from a under seat setup as I got a great deal for a Kicker 15" L7 through my work since we are a dealer...I work at Best Buy.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I dont really know to much about the mids. But for subwoofer information, like 04redyfz450 said jl and kicker are the some of the best out there. I have had kicker comp cvrs and cvxs and L7's. It really just depends how much you want to spend on the box and how many watts you are trying to push. Also have to consider the depth of the box and which sub will actually fit. From that link Tntitan09, that box the depth is 5 3/4. which fits the comp cvrs from kicker. Now if you are wanting to try to do cvx's or L7's then yes it will have to be a custom box under the seat done. The cvr's run 400 watts rms, cvx's will do 600 watts rms, and L7's will do 750 watts rms. Also those are for 12" subs. Personally i would do two cvr's with a 750.1 or 1000.1 kicker amp. It will hit hard but be very clear too. That is what i am about to put in my truck. Before in the truck i ran shallow mount subs and i blew them in a wk, would never recommend shallow mounts. And for mid's like i said i have no idea but in my camaro i use to run alpine's and loved them, very clear and had tweeters in them so it was loud also. That is just my .02

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I recently went to the audio shop to get a quote and they said you can basically fit almost anything under the rear seat.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I have 4 JL 10W3s under my back seat. Amps under seat with standoffs for cooling. No issues, runs cool and sound great.

Good luck with your install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts