Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
58,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I went canoeing this weekend. I left all of my extra keys and my key fob at home because of the possibility of capsizing and we placed the keys to the Titan in a waterproof box. Everything went well but it got me to thinking.

I know the key has some type of antitheft provisions built in. Will submerging the key to my titan hurt it?

·
Registered
557 Posts
baseballfanz said:
You wash your keys more than I was my truck.:D
Ditto.

QFT.

·
Registered
44 Posts
baseballfanz said:
The key itself will not have any problems being submerge, the keyfob is a different story. You should look into the keyless entry pad for such an outing. Leave/hide key in truck.

Realize if someone breaks into your truck with the keys locked inside the insurance company will fight you to the death. Don't ask me how I know :)

Mac

·
Premium Member
75,175 Posts
nice mod baseballs... did you do a thread on that install?

i've surfed with my key in my pocket on numerous occasions without issue. i've also canoed, snowboarded, atv'ed, with said key in pockets with out issue. note it's just the key when surfing/canoeing, but snowboarding and atving had the fob & key in pocket.

although, i've dropped my fob and it split in half but a little electical tape fixed that issue. i'm too anal to use the "new" fob i have on my spare set, i'm keeping that one pretty.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
cmacclel said:
Realize if someone breaks into your truck with the keys locked inside the insurance company will fight you to the death. Don't ask me how I know :)

Mac
Who said they have to know?:eek2:

·
Registered
72 Posts
The plastic loop at the top of my fob broke so I just have it loose in my pocket. To make a long story short, it has been through the washing machine 3 times so far comes out really clean and still works. First time it happened I thought I would have to buy a new one but it keeps on working unlike the one for my wife's 2006 Jetta, it will lock, open the trunk, but won't unlock the doors and it's never been wet.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
You could run over mine with a steam roller and I bet it would still work but I have an XE and no security key, lol. I keep a flat brass one in my wallet as a spare and when it comes to keys, I love low tech. What do they charge for a new security key anyway?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts