Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I've decided to go ahead and get the fox box in the link below. I am currently debating on which subs to go in it. I wanted some opinions on the subs/AMP you all have and what sounds good for the money. Need input to help aid my decision! Thanks

NISSAN TITAN 2-10" VENTED SUB BOX

Reactions: hondarider65

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Can't remember right off the top of my head. I'll have to look at it when I get off work

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
If you wanna blow your mind... try some Helix audio... I have never heard cleaner bass in my life!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Alpine head unit or Pioneer head unit ... with JL w3 or Alpine type R subs and a jl 5 channel amp or pioneer 5 channel amp with infinity highs or JL audio. And hella audio pipe bullet tweeters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
well its a vented box with less than 1 cubic foot of airspace so your subs choices might be slim. also its never a good idea to just throw subs in a vented enclosure . much better to have the enclosure built to ths subs. wrong tuning will end in very short lived subs.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
or to save the headache you could've just ordered everything from tech12volt!

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
... And you wouldn't be disappointed in the crapass sound you get after spending all that money... :clap:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Honestly we need to find out more about his set up. The proper HU with a decent 13 band EQ.

The genre of music he listens to, and how he prefers his bass makes a huge difference.

I agree his options may be limited but if you limit it to the right brand you will be more than fine.

Specifically a custom box will always sound better but if you match you box specs to the correct subwoofers you will be fine

·
Registered
695 Posts
Okay, so I've decided to go ahead and get the fox box in the link below. I am currently debating on which subs to go in it. I wanted some opinions on the subs/AMP you all have and what sounds good for the money. Need input to help aid my decision! Thanks

NISSAN TITAN 2-10" VENTED SUB BOX

How far do you want to go down this road ... take the blue pill and go about your day. Take the red pill and we will open your eyes .

Shy away from any shallow subs imo. But, what music do you listen to? What's your current Head unit ? Stock system or RF audio factory system? How much do you want to spend ? And is this going to be something you want for you or do you want to make it uncomfortably loud?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
How far do you want to go down this road ... take the blue pill and go about your day. Take the red pill and we will open your eyes .

Shy away from any shallow subs imo. But, what music do you listen to? What's your current Head unit ? Stock system or RF audio factory system? How much do you want to spend ? And is this going to be something you want for you or do you want to make it uncomfortably loud?

Okay. So my radio/sound system are all stock. I have the stock radio that comes in 13 pro-4x with the touch screen and rockford fosgate system. I'm NOT looking to have an insanely loud or overkill system that'll blow my doors off hahhah :laugh: I just want something that'll sound good and clean. I was thinking about running 2 rockford punch 10's with a 500W rockford amp in the link below. I was going to go ahead and buy a fox box to put it all in. The subs/amp combo is in the link below. I was looking to spend around this amount of money. Just something that'll sound clean and hit a pretty good bit. So if you have anything that'll give a better sound than those for near the same price i'd be open to it. I've had good experience with the factory 8 but it just isn't enough and Evil liked the dual 10's which I was already considering so I may give that a shot unless I get some better suggestions.

(2) Rockford Fosgate P1S4-10 Punch 10" 500 Watt Car Subwoofers+Mono Amp+Amp Kit | eBay

http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=NT-CC-210-V-04

·
Registered
29 Posts
Okay. So my radio/sound system are all stock. I have the stock radio that comes in 13 pro-4x with the touch screen and rockford fosgate system. I'm NOT looking to have an insanely loud or overkill system that'll blow my doors off hahhah :laugh: I just want something that'll sound good and clean. I was thinking about running 2 rockford punch 10's with a 500W rockford amp in the link below. I was going to go ahead and buy a fox box to put it all in. The subs/amp combo is in the link below. I was looking to spend around this amount of money. Just something that'll sound clean and hit a pretty good bit. So if you have anything that'll give a better sound than those for near the same price i'd be open to it. I've had good experience with the factory 8 but it just isn't enough and Evil liked the dual 10's which I was already considering so I may give that a shot unless I get some better suggestions.

(2) Rockford Fosgate P1S4-10 Punch 10" 500 Watt Car Subwoofers+Mono Amp+Amp Kit | eBay

The fox boxes as far as under seat goes are the best option. I have one with 2 10" Digital Design 500 series on 1500 watt Pure audio amp. I am satisfied with it.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
we have been building TITAN enclosures for members on this group since 2007. I would bet we have built more than anyone in this country. Upfiring and Forward fiiring box sound better and get louder than any other enclosure in the TITAN. We did extensive testing of this about 8 years ago. this is the loudest box you can fit under back seat and still have it function as a seat. and it will blow your mind. I have it in my 2011 with 2 Sundown SA 10s and it will rip your head off. 04-15 TITAN FORWARD FIRING PORTED SUB ENCLOSURE FOR 10s

·
Registered
695 Posts
we have been building TITAN enclosures for members on this group since 2007. I would bet we have built more than anyone in this country. Upfiring and Forward fiiring box sound better and get louder than any other enclosure in the TITAN. We did extensive testing of this about 8 years ago. this is the loudest box you can fit under back seat and still have it function as a seat. and it will blow your mind. I have it in my 2011 with 2 Sundown SA 10s and it will rip your head off. 04-15 TITAN FORWARD FIRING PORTED SUB ENCLOSURE FOR 10s

Good looking and functional box.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The box in the link doesn't come with an amplifier does it? I would seriously consider if it did

2004-2015 Nissan Titan CDT Audio 10" Subs & Enclosure

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
There are packages that do include the amp.

2004-2015 Nissan Titan Enclosure with KENWOOD Sub and Amp package

^^^That is just one of them. If you don't see exactly what you want on the site, just contact Tech12Volt and he can put together any custom setup that you like. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
695 Posts

Okay I would highly suggest for clarity purposes JL w0v3-4 if your on a budget. If not w3 or alpine type R with a 500 mono block amp.

If you prefer clarity you may want to change out your HU eventually to a pioneer 5200-8200 next or xs3800 bs for better tuning options.

I actually went the other route than fox and had a larger custom ported box built for my JL's that extend to the threshold with a mounting depth of like 6.25" But to each its on.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts