Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am new to this site and i don't know if i'm doing the right thing to post messages... my question is, can i put a subwoofer or an amplifeid sub to my factory stereo? i have an '06 titan crew cab xe with 6 disc changer... i don't want to change my factory streo so anyone can help me if its possible to just put amplified sub to my factory stero?
Thank you in advance!!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you!!! thats a nice sub in there... one more question though, is there like a output input jack in the factory stereo to put the amp in? how do i take off the panel? thank you again!!!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
no jack input, you have to get yourself a line level converter in order to add rca jacks to run your amp.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
The factory stereo does not have RCA outs. You can use an adapter called an LOC (which I think stands for level or line output converter) to tap the speaker outputs. The LOC provides the RCA connections and a low level signal appropriate for connection to the low level inputs of an aftermarket amp.

The center dash panel over the radio is held by clips. You can just grab it and pull it off. After the clips are detached, there are wire connecters on the backs of the knobs that must be disconnected by depressing various detents on the connectors and then pulling them apart. After the dash panel has been removed, the radio can be removed by taking out four screws that secure the radio to a mounting bracket. Next, there are a few more connectors on the back of the radio.

Having said that, I think that some people who added just sub(s) & amp just tapped at the rear speakers and thus avoided messing with the radio and dash panel.

Various LOCs and photos showing tapping the signal at a speaker (instead of at the back of a radio) are shown here:

http://www.davidnavone.com/adaptor_products.htm

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys for the help... appreciate it much... i'll try these things you said here.. i'll keep you updated... =)

·
Premium Member
44,629 Posts
^^^anyone have the specs on it so i can build my own? Though really i just want 1 8" or 10" sub.

Thanks for the good tips on adding to the oem deck

·
Registered
106 Posts
Jl stealth box......bah humbug, I removed my center seat console and built a box out of the seat part to house (2) 6 inch JL Audio subs, it sounds great and they dont flex down to interfere with the airbag sensor down there. In retrospect I could have used the short throw 12 inch sub by Prestige, I think it is. Any how they realy do rock and I didnt lose an inch of space anywhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
jasonator said:
Jl stealth box......bah humbug, I removed my center seat console and built a box out of the seat part to house (2) 6 inch JL Audio subs, it sounds great and they dont flex down to interfere with the airbag sensor down there. In retrospect I could have used the short throw 12 inch sub by Prestige, I think it is. Any how they realy do rock and I didnt lose an inch of space anywhere.
Do you have any pics of this or instructions on how you did it? This is a great idea...I have a 10" Pioneer that I had in my last truck that I would like to reuse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts