Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone had this happen to them, i was driving back from the hardware store and juste like that its as if i had lost my driver side muffler (i know theres only one).

my truck is a 2017 with 18000 Km...

When i got home I confirmed that the sound is really coming from the driver side, kinda behind the front wheel. It is really loud when accelerating... Going to call the dealer tomorrow. I already have a appointment for the short block replacement early august.

anyways another thing broken with this truck. Can’t wait to two my travel trailer with this super loud sound...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Maybe it's just an exhaust gasket (donut)

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
How about a sound clip? Have you laid on the ground and looked at the exhaust?

Clint

·
Registered
900 Posts
I am wondering if anyone had this happen to them, i was driving back from the hardware store and juste like that its as if i had lost my driver side muffler (i know theres only one).

my truck is a 2017 with 18000 Km...

When i got home I confirmed that the sound is really coming from the driver side, kinda behind the front wheel. It is really loud when accelerating... Going to call the dealer tomorrow. I already have a appointment for the short block replacement early august.

anyways another thing broken with this truck. Can’t wait to two my travel trailer with this super loud sound...
Hell u probably shot the #7 piston thru the side of the block!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took it inthe dealer and its the left side catalitic converter. It seems they are built in two piece welded together, pipe and converter, the welding broke...

The part is in stock and, should be in by wednesday and They will try to have it ready for friday, as I am going camping with my trailer.

The short block replacement appointment is in august 4th (if they get the part in...).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Nice to hear they are accommodating you.

Clint

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah my local nissan dealer service deptartment is really good. For all the problems i had, always good service. They even recognize me when I come in... not sure if that is a good thing... hahaha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts