Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All great stories involving new vehicles seem to start with the phrase, "So I went out for a gallon of milk and came home with..." ;)

This past weekend my wife and I were out with some friends and were killing time by visiting a few of the local car lots as my buddy was searching for a new truck. We ended up at two of the Ford dealerships in town and both of them had SVT Raptors sitting out front, which is exactly what he was looking for.

To make a long story short, a Tuxedo Black fully loaded SVT Raptor followed me home last night as a result of our Nissan-infidelity over the weekend.

This truck is rather unique as it was actually ordered by one of the Nashville Predators hockey players who then got extremely impatient during the playoffs and ended up paying more to have the dealership transfer in the exact same vehicle from Texas so that he wouldn't have to wait for the one he ordered to arrive. It had just arrived at their lot a week ago and they were looking to move it out of their inventory as quickly as they could.

So, this kind of resolves my desire to want to lift my Titan. After we put the numbers to paper and after the deal they gave me on the Raptor and the value that gave me for my Titan, it made more sense to do this than spend almost the same money in difference on a full suspension lift, wheels, tires, etc.

I'll still be around, though. My wife has her Armada so I haven't completely abandoned the fold yet. :D

I'll try and post pictures of the Raptor tonight or tomorrow for anyone who cares.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
As much as I hate to admit it, I really like the concept of the Raptor and what they're suppose to be able to do from the factory. But, you might not want to push it too hard until Ford gets this resolved: Problem With Raptors

·
Premium Member
46,415 Posts
ummmm .... good luck with your new raptor...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
So, you and your buddy both drove home in Raptors? Wow, that's pretty cool! How does it compare to the Titan you had?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Yeah, post pictures, that way I know which truck to run into..err.. look out for when I am in Nashville tomorrow. ;)

Enjoy your new ride.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
The Raptor is sweet..just don't take off-road.. yet.. Those pics with the frame bending bumpstops gave the chills...

L

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
congrats on the raptor man:)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
congrats! i would buy a 4 door white 1 :) if i abandoned the T anywho keep us posted!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Raptor is sweet..just don't take off-road.. yet.. Those pics with the frame bending bumpstops gave the chills...

L
Well, to be fair... did you read the circumstances under which most of these breakages are occurring? I am not giving Ford a free pass (yet) on this but it sounds like the vast majority of these guys are running Deaver spring packs with considerably higher compression weight than what Ford engineered into the equation. Anytime you remove a weak link from a system, that puts additional stress somewhere else in the system.

Again, not a free pass and I'm going to be watching for how this is resolved. Frankly it sounds like some additional gusseting / reinforcing somewhere in the problem area would fix that particular problem, but it would likely also transfer the energy somewhere else that might not be up to the demand either.

I'm really not a "60mph through washboard roads" kind of guy anyway. This truck will live 90% of its life on the pavement and the other 10% will be slow easy driving out on the trails somewhere scenic. Another trip out to Moab sounds very likely, but none of that high speed 14-inch jump crap. ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, you and your buddy both drove home in Raptors? Wow, that's pretty cool! How does it compare to the Titan you had?
Sadly he's still trying to get his ducks in a row to buy one. Hopefully he'll get it sorted out soon and take a Raptor home as well.

As for the comparison between my Pro-4X and the Raptor, there really isn't a fair way to compare the two as they are two distinctly different builds. The Raptor obviously has a larger engine but it definitely feels more powerful with smoother torque delivery. Suspension is amazing on the Raptor and ride quality is far less wobbly than the Titan with factory running gear. Interior road noise (NVH) is much better on the Raptor; far quieter, no wind noise, etc.

I loved my Pro-4X but the Raptor is just in a higher bracket, IMO. It's kind of like contrasting a Frontier and a Titan, if that makes sense. Both are excellent trucks, but the Raptor just feels like more truck to me.

I'll try to give some unbiased observations over the next few months of getting to know my new rig. I'm not the kind of guy who gets emotionally invested in a vehicle, so I'll be the first to point out places where the Raptor sucks in comparison to the Titan. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are a few pics from the dealership lot when we went out to look at it and test drive it this past weekend. Ford does a great job of making sure you know what's sitting in your rear view mirror or coming straight at you. :lol:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
nice ride!! sweet i love the 4 doors!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Again, not a free pass and I'm going to be watching for how this is resolved. Frankly it sounds like some additional gusseting / reinforcing somewhere in the problem area would fix that particular problem, but it would likely also transfer the energy somewhere else that might not be up to the demand either
$100 fix: SDHQ Ford Raptor Rear Frame Reinforcement Kit

Reactions: TitanBlue and JB

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
Sweet truck. I am very jealous, despite the problems with them they are awesome trucks.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Yeah I see one like that everyday and it males me sick because I want on really bad. I could have alot of fun on the 26 mile dirt road up to crown king.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
You've lost your swagger.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: