Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a couple of decent CB’s for an annual Jeep trip I do with some buddies every year, but I know nothing about them. I figured some of us have to have them in our Titans. I want to avoid the below from happening this year. It took 4 hours out of our day for the Jeep to finally start from all the water. Gallons and gallons of water came out the tail pipe. My Jeep went first and fell in this huge hole and barely got out and needless to say my buddy didn't

·
Registered
86 Posts
i would suggest the midland 75-822
its a portable
but it comes with a kit to connect it to a large anntenna connected to the car or truck.

for more info about CBs go to http://www.firestik.com/
they have great anntennas and a huge FAQ section

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Go to a CB shop and get one. You need to also get it " tuned " for most range. You should be able to get a good Cobra 29 or better for under a $100 and get it tuned for 20-25 dollars. There are a lot of kits to put in a CB to make it sound better, talk further and other things you probably do not need. A good tuner radio will get you 20-25 watts of transmit power with tuning. That is all you need.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the feedback, i didn't even know you had to tune them. i thought you just mounted them and were ready to go. We had handheld units last year and they would cut in and out. Which is why i said, "don't go" and all my buddy heard was "go" and then in the water he went.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts