Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one should I get. I read about the RollnLock but it seems to be complicated with the beb liner already in. Aso expensive and take the whoe feet at the front of the bed when retracted.

The next one seems to be good is the Access. Reasonable price and easy to install, diy.

Is there anything else I should look at?

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
amati5 said:
Which one should I get. I read about the RollnLock but it seems to be complicated with the beb liner already in. Aso expensive and take the whoe feet at the front of the bed when retracted.

The next one seems to be good is the Access. Reasonable price and easy to install, diy.

Is there anything else I should look at?

Thanks
Remember, 'roll and lock' won't work with utilitrack system. I talked to them yesterday.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Sorry I left out one important detail, the cover is just for occasional use only so it has to be soft, something that I just can roll up and put tall stuff on the bed. There are many products offer this set up and it's tough to choose without seeing how they feel and look.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I am at a small dilema on this issue.

Personally, I wish someone out there would come up with a cover over a rail system that would slide into the rails of the package and "be Secure" when you lock the tailgate.

In other words -- Visualize an lightwight aluminum frame with 2 removable cross bars that drop in for sag support that would sit 'flush' with the top of the bed. On the out or underside of that same frame have mounting points for the soft cover to be folded over the edge and recessed a snapped or twist in place type holders. Then, underneath this aluminum rail, add a sliding rail that would slide into our current existing rails. Shut the tailgate and lock it.

This would allow you to slide the cover out with the aluminum frame...undo as much area as necesary for small/tall loads of the soft cover. Removed the 2 cross rails if need be as well. Slide rail back in and go.

Hard to put into words. But is there a company out there that could do this that is reading here?

Chris

·
Registered
59 Posts
The cover that looks most promising for me is the Versacover. I want it to be easily removable by one person, which I don't think will be the case with fiberglass. Their website is www.versacover.com . I emailed them and they stated they are in the process of design, but probably will not be available until 2nd part of 2004. It will be compatible with the utilitrack.

I don't know if I can wait that long. Would like it for long camping trips etc. Maybe if more people contacted them, they would step up production. Anyone elso have any alternatives?

·
Registered
50 Posts
joeandmaria said:
The cover that looks most promising for me is the Versacover. I want it to be easily removable by one person, which I don't think will be the case with fiberglass. Their website is www.versacover.com . I emailed them and they stated they are in the process of design, but probably will not be available until 2nd part of 2004. It will be compatible with the utilitrack.

I don't know if I can wait that long. Would like it for long camping trips etc. Maybe if more people contacted them, they would step up production. Anyone elso have any alternatives?
I agree with joeandmaria. The versacover is the best, lightweight, lockable option I've found. But it'll take six months before it's available with the utilitrack.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Versacover

I e-mailed them and they offered me the $49 shipping charge for that cover if I mention the e-mail reply they sent me. If you are at all interested in this cover I suggest you do the same. The cover is supposed to be the same price as all the others also. I got the impression that the cover for the truck without the tracks would come out first and then one for trucks with the tracks. You can e-mail them through their web site. Al in Benson, AZ

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes. I see on their website they have the $49 shipping if shipped to a business address. Did they give you any specific time frame?

Joe

·
Registered
37 Posts
e-mail reply from Versacover

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Feedback (versa: message 1 of 15)

First of all, thank you for considering VersaCover! We don't currently have a cover for the brand NEW NISSAN TITAN series of trucks yet. Some trucks have the Utili-Track System and some do not, so it will be somewhat of a challenge to design hardware to work with both.
However, we plan on developing one as we anticipate having a cover for that truck within the next 3 ? 6 months (hopefully much sooner)

I have saved yours and other inquiries and put them aside to notify you as soon as a cover for your truck becomes available. Based on what we know now, we expect the price of the cover to be the same as the other covers. If the $49.00 promotional shipping offer is no longer available on the web when we release this cover, just phone us up and we will honor the same shipping offer to you.

Hopefully this information is helpful to you.. Again, thank you for your interest in VersaCover!

Sincerely,

Mark
Mark Kidder
VersaCover Tonneau Covers
1-888-377-2268
www.versacover.com

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just visited the versacover website, and their product seems like a winner, especially because it can be easily and quickly removed by one person when you want to haul something bulky like a refrigerator. For a short bed truck the cover weighs less than 50lb.

·
Registered
105 Posts
suggestions for tonneau cover

outahere said:
Just visited the versacover website, and their product seems like a winner, especially because it can be easily and quickly removed by one person when you want to haul something bulky like a refrigerator. For a short bed truck the cover weighs less than 50lb.

Has anyone seen a soft tonneau cover for the Titan yet? Some of us will need the soft cover because of out 5th wheel hitchs. Not sure if it was mentioned but, a tonneau cover will result in better gas mileage, unless you take off the tailgate or leave it down, which is illegal here.

Campsmoke :cheers:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't receive my Titan until later this week so I'm speculating, but couldn't I cut two sheets of plywood so that they slide into the utilitracks? Ideally I would use one sheet of plywood but I think the bed is wider than 4 feet. I could paint the top any color or design I wanted. I would make a few relief cuts in the plywood so that it would fold in a rear-end collision rather than getting shoved into the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
230 Posts
amacd said:
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Feedback (versa: message 1 of 15)

First of all, thank you for considering VersaCover! We don't currently have a cover for the brand NEW NISSAN TITAN series of trucks yet. Some trucks have the Utili-Track System and some do not, so it will be somewhat of a challenge to design hardware to work with both.
However, we plan on developing one as we anticipate having a cover for that truck within the next 3 ? 6 months (hopefully much sooner)

I have saved yours and other inquiries and put them aside to notify you as soon as a cover for your truck becomes available. Based on what we know now, we expect the price of the cover to be the same as the other covers. If the $49.00 promotional shipping offer is no longer available on the web when we release this cover, just phone us up and we will honor the same shipping offer to you.

Hopefully this information is helpful to you.. Again, thank you for your interest in VersaCover!

Sincerely,

Mark
Mark Kidder
1-888-377-2268
www.versacover.com
Thanx for the info. Just emailed them and mentioned that i told about their products here on our site. Maybe we could get a group buy together once they have a production model ready for the non-Utili-track system and Utili-track system Titans. :cheers:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well here's the reply i received from VersaCover, not sure if i like their plan. I didn't spend the money on the utilit-trac just to remove it. Read Below:

"We don't currently have a cover for the brand NEW NISSAN TITAN series of trucks yet. Some trucks have the Utili-Track System and some do not, so it will be somewhat of a challenge to design hardware to work with the regular bed, and/or the “Utili-Track” bed. In all likelihood, we anticipate the customer will have to remove the Utili-Track Rails to be able to install the cover hardware to the bed. Once you have the cover on the truck, it is unlikely that you would have much practical use of the Utili-Track system so hopefully this won’t be a big deal. At this point, this is just speculation, but that is the way it is looking now.

We anticipate the price to be the same ($589) for the cover. We will honor the $49.00 shipping promotion for those Nissan Titan owners who are on our waiting list. With that assumption, we currently plan on developing one as we anticipate having a cover for that truck within the next 3 – 6 months (hopefully much sooner). I have saved yours and other inquiries and put them aside to notify you as soon as a cover for your truck becomes available.

Again, thank you for your interest in VersaCover!

Sincerely,
Mark

Mark Kidder
1-888-377-2268
www.versacover.com"

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well that really sucks. I hope they come up with something, because I will not take off my utilitrack. ARE was able to come up with something. In fact the utilitrack should make it easier. I hate to wait around, then find out they are not going to do it. :huh:

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I agree...what are they thinking? I am going to remove an option I bought on the truck to put thiers on...geeesh...

Chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
I received the same basic canned email about "probably need to take the tracks off."

Come On! Is their not an instance were someone might actually need to secure a load that fits under their cover? Take it off? I don't think so!

Their product does look really nice, but I can't imagine that it should be that difficult to make a clamp that would work.

This isn't stinking rocket science!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I found another company without much luck :crying:

Thanks for the email. We hope to have a cover for that truck in the next couple of months. We are going to have some challenges as some beds have a "Utili-track" system and some don't, so it will be interesting as to how our development goes. Best guess…3-4 months before we have something developed for that truck and it’s my guess that you will have to remove any Utili-Track to be able to clamp the cover to your side rails. The Utili-Track won’t be very useful anyhow with a tonneau cover on there so it is not likely to be a big deal. At this point, we are not sure if the development will be for a 2 panel or 4 panel cover. At any rate, we will keep your email address and will notify you as soon as one is available.

Regards,
Mark
K-Covers
1-800-261-1185
www.kcovers.com

1 - 20 of 21 Posts