Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to paint the removable pieces black... any suggestions? I was thinking bedliner then maybe a small clear coat over that? Just want something that will stick well with a satin finish... examples would be great!

·
Registered
230 Posts
What's up with you guys and bedliner?

That will make a really rough texture and then putting clear coat over it will make it shiny and rough. At the bare minimum, find a tupperware lid and paint on it as a sample.

If you want a satin finish, get satin black krylon for plastic and paint multiple light coats on it.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
I sanded them down, used a couple coats of Rustoleum for plastic then a couple coats of clear. It's held up great.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sanded them down, used a couple coats of Rustoleum for plastic then a couple coats of clear. It's held up great.
Did you use the Rustoleum Clear Coat for plastic? I know that is a partial dumb question but there are a lot of different clear coat sprays out there...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

That will make a really rough texture and then putting clear coat over it will make it shiny and rough. At the bare minimum, find a tupperware lid and paint on it as a sample.

If you want a satin finish, get satin black krylon for plastic and paint multiple light coats on it.
I sprayed the Krylon on there with about 4 light coats and it didn't hold for crap... I'm thinking do the Rustoleum Plastic primer then spray it with Rustoleum Spray for plastic... Maybe some clear coats if I don't like the finish...

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Also... bedliner is awesome :) Maybe not in this application but it is awesome nonetheless :D

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I wouldn't use bedliner inside the truck... King might lol. Use some satin paint and call it a day

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Did you use the Rustoleum Clear Coat for plastic? I know that is a partial dumb question but there are a lot of different clear coat sprays out there...
Yes, I did...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you paint clear over satin, doesn't it create gloss black?

Yes, the bedliner stuff is awesome. Will probably use it for my bumpers.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
If you paint clear over satin, doesn't it create gloss black?

Yes, the bedliner stuff is awesome. Will probably use it for my bumpers.
It's a little glossed, but I love the way it looks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts