Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of enclosures i carpeted today. One is for a single Sundown Audio sd1v2 10 inch sub and the other is for 4 Kicker l7 8 inch subs in a king cab

Attachments

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Besides the amplifier requirements on the 4 L7 box, it is a bit scary to think of the SPL's that thing is likely to produce. Heartbeat skipping much? try out tech12's latest defibrulator. The qudL7 deluxe!

LOL... nice looking work there James, Any updates on my war machine?

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bhudda454 said:
Besides the amplifier requirements on the 4 L7 box, it is a bit scary to think of the SPL's that thing is likely to produce. Heartbeat skipping much? try out tech12's latest defibrulator. The qudL7 deluxe!

LOL... nice looking work there James, Any updates on my war machine?

the box is curing. Did you guys get the amps yet?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Nice job James!

That Sundown box looks just like mine!

·
Registered
9 Posts
WOW! I had no idea you were building it to fire upwards... I thought the subs would be forward firing... All I am missing, after the enclosure gets here, is my wiring, interconnects and some pre amp power support... Anyone have some suggestions to beef up my power supply? I will be powering:
(1) Crossfire VR1000D @ 1ohm
(1) Crossfire VR402 @ 2 ohms

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
atlantavip said:
WOW! I had no idea you were building it to fire upwards... I thought the subs would be forward firing... All I am missing, after the enclosure gets here, is my wiring, interconnects and some pre amp power support... Anyone have some suggestions to beef up my power supply? I will be powering:
(1) Crossfire VR1000D @ 1ohm
(1) Crossfire VR402 @ 2 ohms

No i built you a contoured enclosure and fired them up. This should be loud and keep them protected.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
tech12volt said:
the box is curing. Did you guys get the amps yet?
Nothing in the mail/UPS/FedEx/DHL/carrier pigeon..... NADA. ZERO ZILCH

:teethmast

:coolsmile

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bhudda454 said:
Nothing in the mail/UPS/FedEx/DHL/carrier pigeon..... NADA. ZERO ZILCH

:teethmast

:coolsmile
its in houston right now. should be deliverd tomorrow. The amp that it is. I am doing my best on the box.

·
Registered
940 Posts
That Sundown box sure looks nice, looking forward to getting it! I've been working 12 hour days for the last 6 weeks, but I'm hoping to find some time in January to work on the truck. Now if I could just talk Justintoxicated or one of the other SoCal guys into coming over and helping me install my system...Maybe even t22, sunny California probably sounds good right now to someone from New Hamsha.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
travelship said:
That Sundown box sure looks nice, looking forward to getting it! I've been working 12 hour days for the last 6 weeks, but I'm hoping to find some time in January to work on the truck. Now if I could just talk Justintoxicated or one of the other SoCal guys into coming over and helping me install my system...Maybe even t22, sunny California probably sounds good right now to someone from New Hamsha.
Just wait untill you hear it.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
travelship said:
I'm sure that this is an insane time of year for you guys! One thing to note though is that the local post office didnt stay open late! Well they let me in at 5:02 so I guess they did! It was a mad house and they were turning people away trying to get packages out. That sux for anyone that has a normal job! ok I'm done ranting!

Send me a plane ticket and I'll be there... haha Its actually warm today 24 degrees but thats because its snowing again!

Like James said, I'm sure it will sound nice.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I received my enclosure and have had it in the truck for a couple of days. Don't you just love the smell of a new sub box? It's a sweet resin/new carpet smell, it's almost better than new car smell.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
travelship said:
I received my enclosure and have had it in the truck for a couple of days. Don't you just love the smell of a new sub box? It's a sweet resin/new carpet smell, it's almost better than new car smell.
i smell like this all the time. LOL LOOK FOR TECH12VOLT AFTERSHAVE SOON. LOOK OUT CALVIN KLEIN

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
tech12volt said:
i smell like this all the time. LOL LOOK FOR TECH12VOLT AFTERSHAVE SOON. LOOK OUT CALVIN KLEIN
Good.. I need something to cover the smell of Christy on me... My ol' lady is getting suspicious.

·
Registered
940 Posts
tech12volt said:

Now you're thinking, give em a run for their money. I can see the TV ad now: Gorgeous woman in lingerie says, "Is that a component set in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me? Oooh, I bet your subs pound hard! Get over here and do my installation now!" Voice over: "INSTALL!, the exotic new scent from Tech12volts!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts