Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is just a slapped together setup atm, as I'm always changing stuff so nothing is ever permanent for me lol.

sundown nightshade v1 12", saz-2000d, maxxsonics maxxlink for sub processor duty.

here's some pix :) will try to get some vids when I have time, but for me, personally it's not all that impressive, I'm going to do a new box, this one is 2.5 cubes + - a few tenths after all displacements with a single 6" psp port. I'm going to do one (hoping to cut out my tranny hump to gain more cubes) and make a slot port straight in so I can get good length with the amount of port area I want (like 45in^2) anyway, onto them pix :D seat is lifted 2" but I'm thinking of going another inch so I can make the box a little taller in back so I can clear the motor to put the sub back in the box LOL if not I can always just put a spacer ring on it to push it out a little.

I somehow screwed up the tranny hump and made it too big so there's a gap between the actual hump/carpet and the box...

... not quite loud enough for me, I miss my 150ish @35-40hz TL legal setups, just can't do it in the T from under the seat lol. it gets over 140 for sure. my last setup was good for a 138+ from under the seat and it was a single 10" with less power. this gets noticeably louder but not as loud as my single soloX 10" in my old hatch that I got doing a [email protected] legal TL.. that was my loudest small setup I've run quite a few 18" and dual 15" setups. last one was my wife's expedition end of last year it was doing a 149 flat around 40hz pair of AQ HD3s 15"s on 4 crossfire xp1400ds off 4 trojan L-16 house solar 6v batteries run in pairs series then paralleled to get them to 12v with like 420aH per pair or something retarded... problem was they were 17" tall and 120lbs a pop about... all together the stereo was about 1,000lbs, heavier that two of my quads a 660 raptor and LTR450 lol. I want all my setups to be alot louder really tho. so I'm thinking if I go big again I'll just do a pair of 18"s and be done with it lol. I like how small a box the Nightshades work in for 18"s and a guy locally has a pair of NSv1 18"s for $700 so if I can conjure up some cash I wanna pick them up then get another saz2000d or a single saz3500 or something with more power and see what I can do with it :D wanting a 152+ out of the next big setup.. no wall and it will be a music setup.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh, and I'm thinking of trying to mount a kinetik or maybe shuriken (since they're black) right on the tranny hump in front of the box lol. think it would balance the look out a little more with a big ole battery mounted in the middle of the truck :D if not maybe I'll get a few smaller ones the 600hc size and mount them under the drivers seat or behind the back seats possibly... could probably fit quite a few back there.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
looks good!! how ya liking that 2k? i was considering getting one but think ima hold out for the 3k

·
Registered
77 Posts
Or talk with Peter and get a good battery.....lol Looks pretty good. What were you running when you TL a 140+ in the Titan?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I think this setup is over 140, I sold my TL to tanner a while back so not positive but I'll get another if I get serious about it again. I like quads tho, they're pretty fun. but the sounds I can play pretty much everyday at least every week. I don't ride every week so started doing more sounds lol.

the single 10" setup I had with alot less power did a 138.6 on music. the armageddon 12" was louder imo. and this setup has more power and is definitely louder. IF/when I TL it I'll let you know. I'm actually planning (so far only in my head) what I'm doing different with the next box and I'm pretty sure it will be louder and probably 144ish at least that's my goal :) 145+ would be better. prefer it under 40hz. we'll see :D I don't care about numbers all that much, but I know exactly how my setups were hitting and majority of the times the numbers at the dash/windshield and the headrest are completely different things. but I know how MY setups hit at the headrest so I want it to be the same as my setups that hit said numbers at the dash. and I want it loud but ALL my setups are low bass pumping daily setups. I did an spl box ONCE and it didn't last long lol.

as far as batteries, I'm not paying what it costs for an XS power. I got a deal on everything I've ever run. and unless I get a killer deal on XS I won't run it. it's more common to find kinetiks so whatever I get a deal on is what I'll run.

if I CHOSE a sub I'd have a level 5 12" inverted under my seat. and alot larger of an amp to run it. and a single batcap 8400 16v. and probably a large alt to charge it. I don't grow money tree's and I have alot of bad spending habbits besides stereo's. so I don't dedicate all my spare change to sounds anymore lol. IF I did I'm still not positive I'd have XS power as my 1st choice. I'd probably find a close odysey/hawker dealer and get a few PC2150s ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
You are correct we do not give them away like some other companies do. Odysey/Hawker makes a good battery, but its paying more for less when you compare the same size batteries side by side.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
How big of a box and what power/sub set were you running when you hit a 138.6 on a single 10? Are all these numbers legal, outlaw, and measure at the dash/windshield?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
single neo storm motor, fi recone. dash legal yes... approx 2.5 cubes single 6" aeroport 38ish hz tune. *best cartman voice* do u question my authorati? here's the subs when I reconed them with the FI parts back in 08 I suppose it was...

here it is in my truck...

I owned my own dual sensor certified TL with even promoter package since 04 or 05, I've been competing since 01, in 02 I had the 8th prototype RE MT subwoofer in exsistance (yeah, this was back before any of these nutthuggers knew who RE was, I had TONS of people laughing at the comps til my turn to run ;) ). on 05-06 I was a sponsored member of team maxxsoincs. since then, I have laid it under the table and gotten more into quad riding. but I'm not some noob ;) I suppose I could take a pic of my trophy shelf but it would probably be bragging at which point LOL.

myspace my last setup in my wife's expedition it was installed completely from box to wires the day before a comp, it took 1st in it's class this was last year/begining of this year...

it did a 149 flat, legal 2 15" music tuned, with music power in a full sized 07 un prepped ford expedition is imo not too shabby...

my VERY absolute 1st attempt ever to kerf a piece of wood..

after one more practice piece I decided to just do the boxes as I don't like to do things for nothing lol.

the amps I used

the box before cutouts. yes, I have a bad habbit of reconing subs a day or 2 before a comp lol

after cutout

2nd box as I ran a pair...

those are the L-16 batts about 600lbs worth.. that's one of my old kinetik hc2400s from when I bought the titan in 05 and I just joined team maxxsoincs...

experimenting with my 4hp 15" and one box as I was still waiting for my recones to come in from AQ...

recones came in..

my custom triaxials :)

I thought I was good enough to use 1 minute epoxy as I used 5 plenty of times for recones lol, ended up redoing it with gorilla glue the day before the comp lmfao...

because of my snags, I had no time to build the battery box so I had to put them by the hatch since we use the back seats for kids and I didn't want my wet cell batts near them as I had no idea how it would react to the draws, I was running the amps .7 strapped so .35ohms per amp... I always load my amps way down, back in like 01-02 I had an xtrpro2400d pushing my RE MT @ .9ohms and it was a 2ohm amp, daily, then my genXX colossus .9 bridged, then my pair of mm4000.1ds 1ohm bridged lol. then this, then that, now years later, still doing it lol.

anyway, how I had to place the batts, I couldn't lay the boxes down, comp was the next day so I just stood them up.. was practically a wall but not sealed and had air gaps everywhere including behind lol not ideal but I was desperate as I don't have helpers it's a 1 man show... and I weight 125-135 so moving around 1000lbs of shet isn't all that fun in one night after work of installing it all.. I had about 120lbs in amp, 600 in batts, another 200+ in wood, probably 100 in 0awg. 100 in subs... yeah, I put in work to get loud LOL all cut at home depot and with a cordless skill saw. never woulda guessed I bet...

batts...

setup...

numbers are on the HCA and forumshawaii comp sections. dB drag. I actually won my bassrace class and dominated drive by with that setup and keep in mind there were guys running more power and a few guys run 18"s here...

the 10"s I originally reconed them and put them in my wife's jetta, it was only doing a 43-44 iirc, but it was too big for the car so had to forward face and was not sealed off..

FI Storm neo x2 hybrid subwoofers video by hawaiianbasshead - Photobucket

I had a single DD 9510 doing a 142 off an PG x600.1 lower that fit better that was more impressive just stuffed into one of my favorite beast boxes :) dual layer all sides like 50^in port tuned to 28-30hz iirc, built that one a long time ago. heavier than a mofo..

DD9510F subwoofer video by hawaiianbasshead - Photobucket

I built it for a 4hp 12" and was desperate to test out the DD so pulled the 4hp and cut a template out to run it LOL.

underhung vc so was run on same x600.1 xenon PG amp...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will post more later, we're going to my dads house for thanksgiving and I haven't been helping, wife's pissed lol. our youngest is screaming.

happy turkey day will be back later :D

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Nice post, and you its seems you know what you are doing. At least someone around here has pictures/info to back up claims! Look for a PM soon, I gotta couple questions for you. Any other videos? Those neo motors are sick! I was thinking of getting some 3HP neos, but got the regular 3hps instead in the truck.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I did have vids back up on the old roe but I think in like 06 when they switched over I lost alot. have pix of a few things on my cardomain page too, haven't used it alot tho since like 03...

my favorite setup to date was my daily soloX 10" doing [email protected] legal. to this day I haven't had alot of competition that low with a single 10" daily.

the jetta with the 2 neos did a 143.6 TL dash in it's debut at a comp. on music... I was experimenting off and on. the DD was more impressive on a 600 watt amp doing 142+ and being a single 10" in a trunk car and it was pretty well below 40hz. I thought it was a good sub vs the soloX 10" with less power still impressive. I've never been successful with higher tuned boxes so I just use lower tuned oversized boxes. but I think part of my high tune problem was the boxes were way too big to peak high no matter how high I tuned them. (usually 45hz was my highest for a fart box LOL) not a fart box fan clearly. I only ran my RE MT 18" with more power than it could take daily but it was still only tuned to 42hz, I ran an autotek mm4000.1d per coil and a kinetik hc2400 per amp in my focus hatch at one comp. it popped the dustcap on testing and since I don't wear hearing protection I thought the sub was blowing so after I won my class did consecutive burps with the trunk open til it did blow lol. the next day (it was a night/evening comp so I couldn't see) I realized the primary sounds were the dustcap half off LOL. oh well, recones are cheap and not very hard to do. not even sure how many recones I've done to date. more than some guys have built boxes I'm sure lol. all my own personal subs, at given points I've owned 10+ subs at a time... I've never had anyone else do an install for me. if you search my name on google I'm sure you will turn things up that I probably forgot about LOL

some of my babies back in 05 :)

3 15" neo storms, 2 TC 2+ prototype 8"s, a soloX 10", RE MT 18" prototype and some random 10" lol

my outside closet in 07 with just blown subs and tops and a pair of d4 12"s, and my tipro 15" top for my 4hp

wife made me a birthday cake in 06, my b-day is dec-30th lol

played with a pair of DD 8"s in my truck at one point under the seat before I lifted it iirc...

DD 2512, I fixed it with gorilla glue, twice, the 2nd time it held for good. my buddy still has it today and it still holds lol

got it like that for like $35 or something iirc, glued it and ran it for the hell of it lol. then gave it to a buddy...

my battery setup from the titan's 1st setup, won it's 1st soundoff with paper plates still on. 2 weeks after I got it. pair of neo storm x2 15"s off a pair of autotek mm4000.1ds bridged 1ohm per amp. off a pair of HC2400s. there were currently no dash kits available so I dremel cut the stock dash bezel open leaving the gaps for the cds and all that crap and had my double din dvd setup thru it LOL. was ghetto but I had VERY limited time on that build for the comp as usual... ended up shattering the cones on all my storm honey combs... they got pretty damm loud before hand. boxes were all sides dual 3/4 and aero ported tuned to 28hz or something stupid lol was VERY good ground pounder til I shattered the cones LOL. had three and oddly enough they shattered one at a time...

I had pix here of the entire install, and comp w/numbers as well as me getting my trophy on stage and the titans paper plates lol, when I did it innitially, not sure what site I hosted them on tho :( was also on the team maxxsoincs site back in 05...

not sure where all my vids are. I know there was a few floating around of me metering at comps floating around. one of me doing a tie breaker when I tied for 1st with a guy in a crx running a soloX 18", vs my focus hatch with my MT 18", he had 2 viper 2500ds I had a single colossus genXX, he had extra batts and a fully shop done install, I had a group 34 bluetop (costco never stocked 31s here) and a batcap 800 under my seat (wanted to test out a batcap back then and it was cheap to ship to HI, not that it mattered as my amp was stiffly regulated) we both did a 149.3 on the AC spl190 and did a crowd pleaser tie breaker and I think because I had better lows I won... funny how an MT 18" specked for 40hz in a 42hz box did such awesome lows. that was by far one of my best ground pounders ever and I hope to recreate it but better someday :) you could feel the pressure from far and it dropped lows come to think of it, I think maybe I tuned my box off and it was lower than I thought LOL...

that's all for now, gtg bed wife's gonna get mad again, she was already inquring. but yeah, I've owned/run plenty of stuff in my time as far as I'm concerned... had a PG Ti Elite it was an ok sub. alot of people don't got much to say about those. but imo they're not bad. I had a few kove armageddons and such too, actually got a pair of 12" armageddon Zs still outside matter of fact (need to go do something with them) maybe the wife's car with the crossfire xp1400d in the closet, would be about perfect, could probably do a 144 with that I think :) or I would HOPE lol. easier when I had a TL to check with and tune... that was key in getting the soloX 10" loud.

I had an 8 8" eD 9kv2 vid that was funny as hell too on roe... I miss those vids that seem to be gone, I think they switched servers or something back when the site changed a few years ago. I think I had an RE 8" vid up there too.. I've owned so many subs it's hard to keep track. eD sp 15"s... list goes on and on... RE Sx's, SeXXX's kicker stuff, rf stuff, pioneer impp stuff... I've had more 15"s than I could count on both hands 18"s I think I only had like 4 or so. 12"s I must've had about 20, 10s too, 8"s about the same. I've literally been thru 10gs a year or so the last few years... I blow thru stuff. one of my all time favs is my 1st GOOD 18" my shocker super xtreme 18" back in 2001, it was loud too, a hell of a ground pounder. unfortunately shocker sucked for customer service and getting recones was near impossible. back then RE was small and personable so I switched to them, then they blew up and FI was formed, now FI blew up and Dusty back then was only planning to start DC (he was a member of team maxxsoincs as well back in 05-06 ;) ) as well as a few VERY reputable and well respected guys in the db drag/spl world. that was back when one of the other maxxsonics members started MD, then some other guys started the WMDs about then too, those were my favorite times :) ah, I miss them days lol. back pre 2000 the main spl forum was car audio planet or something... it was a long time ago so I don't really remember, before I joined/knew about termpro, not sure, but I don't think it was around back then, anyway, gotta get some sleep for the black friday shopping, nite!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
stumbled across another set of vids :)

RE 8"s ported behind the seat of my old crew cab frontqueer...

Realm of Excursion - RE Audio - RE Audio Re8.13

they were louder than the CDT 10"s I had in there previously sealed. but they were SQ subs...

the eD 9kv2s handled abuse better tho. and were smoother than the RE 8"s. more sq but still got loud, just didn't sound like a bigger sub how the old RE 8"s used to sound kinda boomy and over hung lows almost like a large sub, kinda bloated low end sounding. hard to explain the tonality lol.

Realm of Excursion - Elemental Designs - Elemental Designs 9kv2.2

found some other vids too, one of my under the seat setups with the pair of 1008a DDs. and the TiPro 15" off one or two xp1400ds forget, I think it says in the vid..

http://www.myspace.com/video/hawaiianbasshead/2-dd-1008a/26442495

http://www.myspace.com/video/hawaiianbasshead/eclipse-tipro-15-quot-2nd-vid/40869899

not sure how many more vids I have. I ran 4 eu-700s under the seat. I ran a single 8" setup, had an L7 8", DD 8", eD 8" and a TC 2+ 8" tried them all in drop in testing. most of my setups in the titan were large boxes with at least half the back seat folded up. not big on vids tho so I didn't get pix/vids of all of it. I've run pairs of 12"s, pairs of 15"s and single of almost everything in the titan at one point or another... I ran the 4hp 12" in the titan not inverted tho, same box. it was louder on ear iirc than this setup I have now while driving/moving. while sitting still the setup I have now is louder. it's still not as loud as I want it however lol. let my buddy hear it who I know from high school (he's got a 4 way DLS front stage all glassed in his doors diy and a sealed off trunk with a DD 9515 and he said he thought/felt like my setup rivaled his LOL. I had to laugh in disbelief. I think he metered a 142 on music and a 44 on a burp iirc. I did listen to it and I personally think his is louder. it moves alot of air and pressurizes in his car. not as much as my wife's old jetta with the TiPro 15" tho...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh, the TiPro in the jetta, same box, I believe the titan was only one xp1400d the jetta was two, it did [email protected] from lil scrappy no problems in a comp. never burped it so not sure if it was my peak and what it would hit on a burp @ peak. the only burp numbers I have, are my soloX 10" in my old hatch [email protected] new TL, dash, car sealed. [email protected] dash, car sealed, the expedition, new TL with the 2 AQ 15"s (again not positive if it was my peak lol, only heard it for the 1st time the day of the comp, my 1st run I played air forces 2nd run I played a burp at the freq I peaked at on my 1st run lmfao)

Eclipse TiPro 15" in jetta Video by Tom - Myspace Video

hoping to do 42+ on music out of the single nightshade when I'm done with it.. the TiPro moved some decent air... enough for a [email protected] on music with the car leaking like it was lol clearly it flexed and leaked like a mofo. no deadener in the whole car. it's not usually a big concern of mine. I like to ground pound and some times the rattles add a phsyco acoustic to it lmfao, like aura's bass shakers :D

not sure what others I have. I know I have pix up on soundillusions.net that I don't have anywhere else... joined that forum in 02, not sure how old the pix are... maybe ca.com I have some in a profile or something...

testing went on into the night

http://www.myspace.com/video/hawaiianbasshead/ti-pro-15-in-jetta-vid/41636721

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ahhhh, shetty, it was a [email protected] according to the guys who logged it at the db drag innovative audio grand opening soundoff lol...

Sound Off Results - Hawaii's #1 Classifieds

tom (hawaiianbasshead) 149.0 @ 46hz
ford expedition
2x 15" aq
4x crossfire xp1400d

pic from HCA (it's a members only forum)

he let me run in C-class too. I was playing jeezy airforces, didn't even realize how wrong freq burps I was playing if his logs are correct LMFAO, in testing all I played was 40-42hz as I thought that was where my peak was the entire time ROFLMFAO I wish I'd of did more EXTENSIVE testing and I'd of known lol. my amps were going into protect from voltage so I always got irritated during testing tho so never got far with it. that was when I dropped outta sounds and fell in love with quads lol. not sure why my score counted, I had both subs hooked up and told him that. that run was air forces, 2nd run was the 149hz and was a burp I think.. I forget. it's been a year lol

on the open forum that's the only public proof I have of any of my numbers possiby. I think the other comps may be up in the HCA forum in the sub section for the shops who were holding the events... I'm gonna go look as I know they keep a pretty good record as we do have our state records in there.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reactions: SD_Titan

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
looks and sounds like it hits goooood!!! lol

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it's not bad actually :) I kinda think I should sell my LTR and get me a termlab again LOL and get it to where I'm happy LMFAO.

I still want to redo my box and get it banging more. maybe upgrade power and even possibly swap subs to a NSv2 or something else more efficient the new AQ 4" coil subs are mean! between those two I think I'd be able to easily get my 145+ with a saz3500d. I actually would hope with all that maybe a 147 lol. I love the shorting rings in the newer NS and Z subs. I think a Zv2 is about 1dB louder than my NSv1 according to Jacobs testing. and would match my 2000d perfectly. an NSv2 would benefit more with more power and with shorting rings either get less IMF going back to the amps and less imp rise so more effectively using what power I have on tap. I need to get at least another batt tho for even this single saz-2000d setup let alone a larger setup.. plus I'm really cramming it all in there as it is. so it's hard to say how I could even fit it lol.

same thing as the armageddons, before I even had the NSv1 going I knew I wanted to upgrade lol

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
yeah ive been keeping an eye out on those AQ 4" subs... lookin like real beasts.

i almost bought me a Zv2 motor to build up but i havent even finished my TRF lol so i passed

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
trfs/4hps have alot of inductance lol. IMF back to the amp... you need to run higher voltage (either very large amps or higher ohm loads) to help fight it. shorting rings help that.

I'd rather build a Zv2 or NSv2 than a TRF/4hp lol. but then again I've had 4hp based subs already... I like that sundown is so active on their lines. I actually really like the neo BTLs as well but I like shorting rings and I don't think the BTL Ns have them... if they do, and being lighter I think they'd be my new favorite :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts