Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have thse yet? I'm currently running 35x12.5 Toyo MT's and will be stepping up to a 37x13.5 soon. I'm torn between running the Toyo or Swampers. I've read on other websites great reviews but my biggest concern is longevity. I have about 20K miles on my Toyos and they look like 60% or so tread so I could probably pull 50-60K miles out of them. Wondering if the SS could do the same?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I have very high doubts the SS will put 50K on it, for an MT it is a very aggressive tire. But it is a pretty one

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have very high doubts the SS will put 50K on it, for an MT it is a very aggressive tire. But it is a pretty one
Although it's aggressive, the treads are pretty close together and VERY deep. I can't imagine that with proper rotation and keeping a close eye on the PSI they wouldn't but I'd certainly like to hear from somebody that's had them for awhile

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
There is not way that your will the the longevity or ride out of the Swampers that you are getting with your Toyos.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
i've heard mudders get way better life than alot of a/t's....weird i know. but IFS + lifted truck = he!! for tire life if not watched closely.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've heard mudders get way better life than alot of a/t's....weird i know. but IFS + lifted truck = he!! for tire life if not watched closely.
Agreed which is why I rotate my Toyos every 5000 miles without fail. They are wearing perfectly and evenly

·
Registered
745 Posts
You will be lucky to get 30k miles out of Swampers...They just do not last on the highway, which is a crock cause they are super expensive just because of the name.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No way will a super swamper last as long as your Toyos. Not in tread wear or in overall longevity. Swampers seem to do only 2 things good, and thats pull hard in the mud and dry rot.
Funny you mention it. My Toyos are getting dryrot after three years and I drive my truck every day.

You will be lucky to get 30k miles out of Swampers...They just do not last on the highway, which is a crock cause they are super expensive just because of the name.
I agree that they are awful on the highway, I had a set of 44's on another truck I had. I took a four hour highway trip with them and they were visibly chewed up from all the heat from one trip. Luckily I do almost nohighway driving anymore. I'm 99% city driving nowadays.

·
Vendor
711 Posts
I know a guy who has the M16's on his truck and he says he'll be lucky to get 35-40K on them. Also said they aren't great in wet weather.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know a guy who has the M16's on his truck and he says he'll be lucky to get 35-40K on them. Also said they aren't great in wet weather.
Thanks! Exactly the input I was looking for. Looks like my next set of tires will also be Toyos.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Toyo M/T's are excellent but too heavy in a 37. They are about 93 lbs. a piece. I'd probably get the BFG KM2's which are between 70 and 74 lbs. depending on the rim dia. That's less than your 35's.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Funny you mention it. My Toyos are getting dryrot after three years and I drive my truck every day.

I agree that they are awful on the highway, I had a set of 44's on another truck I had. I took a four hour highway trip with them and they were visibly chewed up from all the heat from one trip. Luckily I do almost nohighway driving anymore. I'm 99% city driving nowadays.
Unless you park in a garage any tires will start to dry rot after 3 years.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unless you park in a garage any tires will start to dry rot after 3 years.
I only drive 7,000 miles a year so I guess that would explain it. If I drove the average 15,000 miles a year it'd be time for new tires. I wouldn't be concerned about dryrot.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
I only drive 7,000 miles a year so I guess that would explain it. If I drove the average 15,000 miles a year it'd be time for new tires. I wouldn't be concerned about dryrot.
Ya I'm about 9,000 a year. My Toyos dry rotted a little too. Oh well, just gives me a excuse to wear them out faster! :teethmast

1 - 16 of 16 Posts