Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,
im looking to to either purchase the cortex or the uprev, but i dont know alot about the uprev.

im only going to be doing a few mods, i have magnaflow muffler with new tip on, and will be buying Airaid Intake soon.

i know the cortex can do the 2degrees timing and remove the Wot
im also going to be getting a set of 22" rims and tires.

Can the uprev adjust the speedo for new tires as well.

im looking to get a bit of power upgrade but also MILEAGE..

i live in canada and our gas up here is either 87, 89. or 91 so everyone mentioning the 93 tune, can you run that on 91 gas?

our 87to 89 is 9 cents per liter more and from 87- 91 the differnce is 17cents per liter.

so what im asking is, for myself what would be the best choice with the mods i have done or will be doing that i mentioned.

cortex$400 new or on here average used price is $250
uprevstandard is $500 ..

Thanks for all your help
Cole

2005 Titan Crew Cab LE
new titan owner

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
If you're not going to do headers, then stick with the programmer. Since you have a 2005, I'd go with the Bully Dog (it has more features).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im thinking im gunna get the cortex if its a tuner, i dont want to have the tuner sit on my truck overnight for people to jack. not in best neighbourhood. anything visible inside truck is not good . haha
but i appreciate the help.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
cortex you hook up upload tune and take off......anyways i had the SC cortex i always ran3* of timing on the 93 tune with 91 octane no pinging or CEL's....i currently have no headers and switched to uprev....uprev is well worth 500 ESPECIALLY if you were going to spend 400 on the cortex.i did notice a BIG gain between the 2 hope this helps

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was the difference that big??? in what sense? fuel economy or just hp?

do you keep the uprev and read codes/ change tire sizes for speedometer?

whats all invloved with uprev? you buy it? then you gotta send something back so they can tune? do you gotta use laptop all the time or just once to hook all up? i know you can have different maps. and you hafta log all info on computer, is it hard to play around with then stuff? all the knowledge you can give on it would be great. even its a 5 page message haha.

sorry if i seem like a virgin about to get ***** for the first time, haha. But i like to know a product a little before i buy it..

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
difference is huge....better mpgs than i was getting. no harsh upshifts or downshifts like a handheld will cause. you buy it do data logs 2-3 WOT runs then send them your afr's and they make adjustments and send you 3 free e tunes...you can have up to 5 tunes and cycle through them using cruise control while on the fly...as far as keeping it and reading codes it depends on which uprev setup you buy but yes .... a handheld isnt a custom tune that supports what mods you have its just a "canned" tune that suits everything...uprev is and its the best $ can buy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts