Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a used superchip cortex and was wondering how to tell if it is unmarried. the guy stated it was but when i connect it to my computer it has a VIn number called out under the vehicle information. Does it just retain that information from the last vehicle it was on or is this still married to his truck?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
It retains that info from the last vehicle. It should say stock for the current tune, and you're good to go.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It shows the 87 octane tune, so I assume I am going to have to send it back to get unmarried from his truck.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Makes me wonder why someone sells a tuner without making sure its unmarried.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only paid $110 for it shipped. So even if I have to pay the $100 thru Superchips to get it unlocked, it is still cheaper than most used ones for sale on this forum. I sent him an email so hopefully he still has the truck to unmarry it, otherwise I will have to see if he will pay back some of the initial costs since he lied about it being unmarried.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Thats pretty messed up man. Not like you dont know if your tuner is unmarried or not.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Try and install the 87 tune and see what happens, you cant mess anything up. If its still married to the other truck that guy is in trouble, Eventually he will get a trouble code or have to return it to Nissan and he will get refashed to stock...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was able to get it unlocked thru Superchips download for $100. I emailed the guy back and told him and he is willing to refund me $50, so I will see if that goes thru this weekend. If so that means I have a slightly used SC for $160.......not a bad deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts