Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at the superchips stuff the other day and wondering which one is what i should be looking at.

Noticed the flashpack seems like it does all of the things i'd be after WOT etc.'

then there's the cortex..

someone help me out and explain the benefits/downside to either of these..

thanks

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
The only difference between the Cortex and Flashpaq is a power train warranty. That warranty isn't worth the paper it's printed on IMO. Get the Flashpaq and save the $50. Also, don't be afraid to buy a used one here on the forum; it's not a wear and tear item.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So with the flashpaq you can do 2* timing, WOT and all that? I'm definitely not afraid of buying used, i just haven't seen one lately.. So if anyone has one let me know.. $$ ready..

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
So with the flashpaq you can do 2* timing, WOT and all that? I'm definitely not afraid of buying used, i just haven't seen one lately.. So if anyone has one let me know.. $$ ready..
You can only add timing to the Superchips 93 octane tune. Now the Bully Dog programmers allow you to advance the timing on all their tunes and as many Nissan vehicles you want to.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
So if i get the superchips, i've still got to find someone to do my 2*.. dang
No, you can't have someone else add timing because their tuning/programming will not accept/allow it. I tried to add timing to the Superchips 87 tune with software and with a BDPP.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Don't worry about the timing. The SC tunes are bad-azz as is. I had both the BDGT and the SC flashpaq. I liked the GT obviously because it has a lot of functions and a display, but I would choose the SC over the regualr BD anyday because of the throttle sensitivity. Anyway, don't worry about adding timing to your tunes. Now, the cool thing about the BD, since you can add the 2* to a lot of other Nissan/Infinity vehicles, you can make some money back by posting an ad on Craigslist to do other peoples timing advances

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I really wish Superchips would allow the throttle sensitivity to be adjustable. It's a real pain on snow and ice to have a jumpy throttle.

·
Registered
745 Posts
get a used Cortex off the buy/sell forum...You can thank me later. It does everything you want and the price in the used section is $250 and much cheaper. I have seen them go for less than 200...And they are not a item that wears out. If I sell my titan you can sure as hell bet I will unflash the truck and sell it on here. But im not going to sell my titan, I love it too much.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good info here guys, i know i've seen a lot of it before and i hate bringing up old topics, but i never realized there were 2 different SC's and didn't know you couldn't advance with the SC's. Looks like the first one to go up in the for sale section will be mine.. hopefully.. hah

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just picked up a used flashpaq from another member.Put the 93 tune +2 timing and OMG very impressed.I've had this truck for 2 years should have done this along time ago.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
You can only do the 2* timing with the 93 tune with SC. However, you can only do your own vehicle.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
^^ didn't think you could do 2* timing advance with the SC..
Post #4 said you can add timing to the 93 tune. That's the only Superchips tune that allows it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts