Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Idle is way too high revving between 1,500 and 1,800 RPM. Never settles down. Constantly goes between 1.5 and 1.8 RPM at idle. Too high while in gear too, but doesn't seem to surge or hunt as much. Have P0102(Mass Air Flow circuit too HIGH) AND P0113(IAT circuit 1 HIGH) IAT reads 150F when ambient temp is in the 80Fs. TP is 2.3% at idle(not bad). MAF is 22 grams per second at idle(too high). Engine LOAD is 31% at idle(also too high). TB(drive by wire) was replaced(boneyard) and MAF too(dealer-$600-OUCH!). MAF was cleaned before being replaced-No Help. Idle speed goes up even higher if connector to MAF/IAT is removed. Anyone see this? thanks

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
No, sounds like a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Truck is fixed. Was not a vacuum leak. I knew that wasn't the problem because of the way the idle would hunt and surge plus the fact that this is drive by wire so the PCM controls the idle speed. The computer was forcing it to idle too high and surge. I went to Powertrain Management and then to Fuel Delivery on Alldata and it said if the TB or MAF had been either replaced or disconnected you have to do 3 relearns. Accel Pedal, Throttle Valve and Idle Air. It worked. If you guys have drive by wire I wouldn't replace or even disconnect the TB or MAF unless you're ready to do these 3 procedures. If you don't who knows what your idle is going to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Truck is fixed. Was not a vacuum leak. I knew that wasn't the problem because of the way the idle would hunt and surge plus the fact that this is drive by wire so the PCM controls the idle speed. The computer was forcing it to idle too high and surge. I went to Powertrain Management and then to Fuel Delivery on Alldata and it said if the TB or MAF had been either replaced or disconnected you have to do 3 relearns. Accel Pedal, Throttle Valve and Idle Air. It worked. If you guys have drive by wire I wouldn't replace or even disconnect the TB or MAF unless you're ready to do these 3 procedures. If you don't who knows what your idle is going to do.
How do you do the three relearns? I am having the same throttle issues with a 05 Titan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts