Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up?....Need some advice.
Situation, 2008 Crew Cab with DR Coilovers. Bought Pro Comp lift. Took it to shop to have it installed and find out mechanic doesn't know much more than me (that's not saying much). Truck is all apart, and now (after several problems) I suspect the spindle isn't in proper allignment. How should it look?
Thanks a ton, I'm pulling my hair out. Oh, what is the estimated install time?
Thanks!

·
Registered
984 Posts
According to a lot of ppl the ProComp lift is supposed to be one of the easiest to install. A lot of guys on here have installed them, maybe use search and dig deeper. Install time is ~5 hours I think.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
You should find a different mechanic. LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, a new mechanic would be good! I didn't post details, but I originally felt comfortable because it didn't seem that difficult. After being in his shop helping/watching/checking, I realize now that I could have easily done this with a floor lift bay. I feel ok with it now, it'll be done tomorrow.
I can already see that my turning raduis is reduced, so first project will be to cut the steering stops, and maybe shave a little off the spindles... overall, it looks good so far though but we'll see once it is out of the shop. [He] needed a little more time to do allignment...

Anybody know where to find decent upper control arms for less than $500 bucks? my buddy got a set that came with a leveling kit for $250, but wanted to check and see if anybody else had any ideas...
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts