Nissan Titan Forum banner

Suspension lift

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  AzTitan05 
#1 ·
I currently own a 2007 Titan Crew Cab 2wd that I am looking to put a lift on and would like some feedback on which type and size would make my truck look good.

#2 ·
Here's a good place to start:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-suspension/62459-titan-lift-shock-overview.html

It summarizes your options. Also, you may look around in this "Suspension Forum" for some info or the "Titan Pictures and Media Post" forum.

There are also several "Similar Threads" listed near the bottom of this page. VVVVV

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new truck! Keep us posted and show us some pics once you can! :thumbsup:

#3 ·
Will do, I appreciate the help.

#4 ·
The guy who started the thread I linked is Greg of PRG Products. He's a site sponsor and a very knowledgable guy on Titan suspensions.. He's done things with his Titan that would make most (or all) of us CRINGE! :lol: His website is http://www.prgproducts.com/titan.php and you can find lots of good stuff there. You can also call or email him with questions.

#5 ·
I currently own a 2007 Titan Crew Cab 2wd that I am looking to put a lift on and would like some feedback on which type and size would make my truck look good.
Close your eyes and put "lift" out of your mind....Now think only Performance thoughts.....now WAKE UP and call PRG!

#7 ·
I like my pro comp lift and 3inch body..

#8 ·
lou, how many times is it gonna take for u to realize that there are people in this world tht lift their trucks for looks?! its not illegal to have a lift that stays on the road. let people do what they want man.
It's my mission in life to rid the world of over-lifted trucks one truck at a time until the planet is cleansed of these abominations....:gunz:

Ok...maybe not...:hat:

In reply to your quote above, many people somewhat new (and it seems many that have been around for much longer) to the "truck world" don't realize that keeping the word "performance" in their quest to customize their own truck will end up with a truck that's far more enjoyable to drive, enhancing their experience...

It doesn't mean no, don't lift your truck, it means step back and see if it can be done another way to increase the handling performance, while achieving your overall goal.

Example...Want to lift the rear a couple of inches, for the 2wd Titan you could go with a 2" block, OR go with a Deaver Mini-Pak...Blocks do lift the truck of course, but increase axle wrap and do NOTHING to improve the ride/handling. Really want 4"? Do both, at least you kept the word performance in your outcome...

Small example, but by changing the approach to the same goal you get a better truck...

I've been repairing cars and trucks professionally since 1976, and just can't tell you guys how many different trucks I've drove over those years....Many lifted and over-tired for the sake of looks, man did most ride/handle like crap!!
But each owner swore he had the "coolest" truck...little did they know...

#9 ·
yeah well i do agree with you to some extent. my first car was a 2 door tahoe that i put a 6" pro comp lift and 3" body lift on with 38 inch tires and i learned the hard way (no regearing and POS bottom of the line procomp shocks) that i went down the wrong path with that beast. however, for those people who's tires will never see anything but pavement and just like the look of lifted trucks or the feeling of being up above everyone else i don't see any problem with a set up like a pro comp lift with blocks if it makes me happy. i myself am going performance on my titan but thats just because of the conditions i drive in.

i'm tired of typing

#10 ·
Go with Greg @ PrgProducts.com...he is awesome and knows his Titan s&%t...here are pics of my 2005 CC 2wd....4 inch spindles and level kit up front and 3 inch block kit in rear with shocks and carrier drop kit...I went with 305/65r18 BFG's (basically a 34x12.00) and 18x9 Incubus Alloys with a 5.14 back spacing as I use the truck offroad and at the dunes to haul the Rhino...I could have cleared 35's with trimming but did not want to cut up truck...I love the way my little 2wd came out and sits level too...big pet peeve!!!!
Hope this info helped...welcome to TT

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.