Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody's stock suspension squeek when you go over a bump or uneven surface?

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
a little grease between the springs fixes that...

Others have had it happen as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have a horrible problem with the rear leaf spring creaking on turns. you can actually step on the ball of the hitch and bounce the truck from side/side/up/down and it makes a god awful noise. been to the dealer twice. service manager has heard it and i took him for a ride. They replaced "hardware" and greased it but it always comes back. always happens when i'm in tyler from school this summer and passed christmas and dealing with Robert Peltier Nissan Service Dept. in Tyler, TX is ridiculous.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I get that noise also. More on the left rear then the right. More when turning left also. Too me it almost sounds like the wheel creaking on the studs. But that is not it. Then i thought the u bolts or shock mounts were loose. Not that either.

So where do you put the grease? Between the leaves? I am thinking about greasing the rubber shock mounts next.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Buy a few cans of Silicone Spray Lube and go to town. You'll have to use the straw and spray as well as you can in between the leaves. Or you can just leave the straw off and just completely soak them. I've found that if you hold the can at the rear of the leaves and spray towards the front of the truck, it will all run down into where it needs to be.

The more dirt/dusty road driving you do, the more often you'll have to do this.

I doubt that the shock mounts are causing any squeeks, but it can't hurt to lube them as well.

My stuff is squeeking right now too. I've had to this probably five times already--38k.

·
Premium Member
44,108 Posts
mine squeek too. Guess I'll try the lube idea. Can't hurt anything!

·
Registered
23 Posts
ya i thought of maybe some type of lithium grease, but in my dealings with it it tends to gum up/ harden and idk bout it penitrating between the leafs. any ideas on this? its basically water proof or is water proof.

·
Registered
23 Posts
what i can't comprehend it if this isn't an isolated problem with my truck, why is it only the right leaf spring i have had trouble with?

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 05 KC has same squeek coming from right leaf spring only.
First time to dealer they replaced right rear shock (clueless, duh) and it was squeeking the next day. I sprayed it with silicon myself and it went away for a couple months. Was in to dealer for something else, and mentioned it again, and they claim on invoice they replaced 'rear spring plastic inserts' part # 54099ZH30A. I think they are BS'ing me because I checked at home and I don't see that they replaced anything, but I DO see that they sprayed a foamy looking lube on the clip that goes around the rear of the right leaf spring. (I wonder how may hours they charged Nissan for warranty work they really didn't do) Oh well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm guilty of bashing the dealership. I take back what I said in last post. They DID replace the 2 black plastic 'clips' on either side of BOTH right and left leaf springs AND sprayed them with silicon foamy spray. They did a nice job. If anyone is having the squeek, this looks like THE FIX.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts