Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help me out guys im tryin to figure out what lift i want but i have a tight budget :)

i was thinkin a 3 inch or 4 in lift with 33's. how would that look?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
help me out guys im tryin to figure out what lift i want but i have a tight budget :)

i was thinkin a 3 inch or 4 in lift with 33's. how would that look?
What year, and 2wd or 4x4? Also how much is your maximum budget including tires ... assume you will use your stock rims, and what size are they i.e. 17, 18, or 20 inch?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is a 09 2wd and well not lookin to spend more than $700 and tires im looking to spend about $1000

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
just level kit it for 33's. 2.5" leveling kit =$150

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
The coil bucket is higher on the newer Titans, so a 2.5" would likely cause coil bucket contact.
The 2" might be ok, but if I was going to do it, I would just do the PRG 1.5" and put on some Bilstein 5100's on the lowest setting, for 1/2" of preload lift plus 1.5" spacer lift. Or maybe get the Bilstein HD's and the PRG 1.5" and the '09 4x4 coils.

For the rear Icons.

Tires, Hankook Atm RF10 in anything between a 32.8" and a 33.5".

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay that sound pretty good.

how is the the MPG for 35's

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i get around 13-15 depending on my driving habits with my 35's...lately with it being so cold im getting worse mpg...weird i know but now im only getting 12-13....my pro4x came stock with 33's i get around 17-19 average....i like the nitto's myself never had the terra grapplers before but a lot of guys on here love them check them out...i had bridgestone dueler a/t revos on my last t and they were awesome in all around weather dry wet snow sleet u name it...i have the bf goodrich rugged trails stocks on for the winter now never driven in the snow with them..hopefully they perform well haha. as far as the leveling kit ncd customs has a billet kit for like 70 bucks shipped. like norcal said if its an 09 it has the newer coils compared to previous models. 2wd a 2.5 spacer up front should put ya level. but a 2" would be just fine as well depending on how u like the raked look. you wont be able to fit 35's unless you do some trimming and cutting on only a 2" spacer...just food for thought

·
Registered
569 Posts
my 2 cents on the tire is the Pro comp Xtrme all terrain looks as good as a mud but better ride. I had 35 bfg muds and went to a 37 pro comp xt at and these are way better. look great and aggresive and have great ratings exp in wet and snow 2 road cond that count for all day safety

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow awesome info guys, deeply appreciated.

the NCD customs will be a rout i will most likely go, very good prices :)
if i get the 2.5 i will have to get a new UCA's so i wont get upper bucket contact like i had in my xterra

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i did a 2.5 spacer on my 08 le and my 2010 pro4x without any contact....actually it was the same spacer from ncd....then i sold that to one of my buddies who has an 04 le hes got it wihtout ne bucket contact hes a 4x4 and bought the 3" rc kit before my new 6" bracket rc setup. the only thing u might want to look into is camber bolts...prg 69 bucks or depending where ur at ill sell ya mine 50 bucks i used them for 3 weeks till i scored my 6" and they came with them so i dont need them nemore

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im in vegas bud :(

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
well up to u. get em from greg at prg or hit me up if u want mine...there just sittin in the garage in a box collectin dust

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how much is shipping?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
idk id do one of those if it fits it ships thingy's from usps prol like 6-10

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
My two cents about 4" of lift, which is what i got, so its completely biased probably, but CST offers a 4" Spindle Lift (which is what i have) and you are suppose to clear 35" barely. As tires go, i got 33" BFG AT's for $1100 installed and balanced on my stock 17" rims and the Spindles for $800 i think it was. But definitely my choice as far as quality goes!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
My two cents about 4" of lift, which is what i got, so its completely biased probably, but CST offers a 4" Spindle Lift (which is what i have) and you are suppose to clear 35" barely. As tires go, i got 33" BFG AT's for $1100 installed and balanced on my stock 17" rims and the Spindles for $800 i think it was. But definitely my choice as far as quality goes!
CST Spindles for the 2wd Titans is definitely they way to go if you can also replace the stock struts at the same time, even with something like the Bilstein HD.

But if I had a choice between them, without a strut upgrade, and say something like the Radflo 2" dia. body replacement coilovers for 3.5" 2wd lift, and a major improvement in handling and off road capabilities, I'd get the coilovers, and then save up for the spindles, instead of the other way around.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
will i get upper bucket contact with spindles?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
will i get upper bucket contact with spindles?
It's like stock but with 4" given to you with none of the usual negatives. The only coil bucket contact is from any spacer type of lift that is used in addition to it. If you look at the PRGproducts 2wd Spindle Lift Package, it comes with a 2.5" PRG leveling kit for 6 1/2" of front lift, but it still utilizes the stock UCA.

My guess is for an '08+ 2wd, since their coil bucket are welded on higher than the old Titan's, is that the leveling kit that comes with it would instead be the 2" or the 1.5", but Idk ... just speculating, and Greg would be the one to ask.

Since one could get some extra lift from a Bilstein 5100 strut using coil preload, someone that plans to off road it a little hard, (even with an older Titan), might want to go for the 1.5" leveling kit or none and get a 1/2" or 1.5" from the 5100's, or just run the Bilstein HD's and keep it at 4" total lift. Greg will customize any package if there is something you don't want.

Btw, most of the people that have their Titans setup as prerunners, have the CST spindles plus race quality coilovers from SAW or Radflo, that are valved according to Greg's specs, and their coil springs are also selected specifically for the Titan. They usually pick the extended travel version of the coilovers that do require aftermarket UCA's, but it would work almost as well using the OEM replacement versions that work with the stock UCA's.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so its better to get spindles?

i really dont want to get 4' i would rather get 3. is there any way for that?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
so its better to get spindles?

i really dont want to get 4' i would rather get 3. is there any way for that?
sure, a body lift will give you 3 inches exactly. Only about 300.00 if you install it yourself.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts