Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question. Do you all think the sway bar bushings need replaced? I have the wonderful front end clunk. I have already checked for coilbucket contact. And checked control arm links. I have noticed that the sway bar looks like it is moving when I hit bumps. Im looking for your opinions to see if you all think this is where my noise could be coming from.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Some have reported noise from this, and this is a typical design for such rubber mounts. Nissan has a new design rubber bushing with the cut at a different location. Go to your dealer and purchase Nissan Bushing Stablz 54613-ZV50A at a cost of about $5 each.

·
Premium Member
21,403 Posts
That has to be the worst gap I've seen on OEM bushings. I would give the new version a try.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Some have reported noise from this, and this is a typical design for such rubber mounts. Nissan has a new design rubber bushing with the cut at a different location. Go to your dealer and purchase Nissan Bushing Stablz 54613-ZV50A at a cost of about $5 each.
That p/n is listed for the Armada. For the Titan they list 54613-ZT00A

PARTS INFORMATION DESCRIPTION P/N QTY
BUSH-STAB (Armada) 54613-ZV50A 2
BUSH-STAB (Frontier V6, Pathfinder V8, All Titan) 54613-ZT00A 2
BUSH-STAB (Pathfinder V6, Frontier in-line 4, All Xterra) 54613-ZL10A 2

·
Registered
8,574 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I changed mine about 1.5 years ago for $6 and they are still good. I would just pick up some OEM ones at the stealership and replace later if necessary. But $10 is a great price for the prothane ones. If you could just drive to a store and buy them at that price then I would definitely buy those.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have this same issue. Not too worried about it though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the delay. Just wanted to update that I replace the factory bushings with new one from energy suspension. As long as you have a impact wrench that are a piece of cake to replace. Well after installing the new poly bushing, I have eliminated about 95% of my front end "clunk" I would highly recommend energy suspension, they are very fast with there shipping.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts