Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to try my truck without the sway bar again. The first time, I drove a week without it and it was way too much of a boat feeling for me. Well, since then I've added PRG traction bars (which act a little like a rear sway bar), air bags, and E rated tires. Now the truck rides so much better without the sway bar. Not nearly as much bobbing/ boat feeling as before and it really smooths out the ride with the E rated tires. I only took it for a 2 mile drive so far, but for now the bar is staying off.

Also, with the PRG T-bars, the lean in corners is significantly reduced. I love it.

On a side note, my BDGT suction cup thing kept falling off the windshield today. It is now mounted with screws in that little side cubby thing on the dash. IMO it looks 10x better, its more out of the way, and it won't fall off anymore!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Why did you get rid of the sway bar? I know the 4x4 guys do it to gain more articulation and suspension travel, but why would you need to remove the sway bar on a 2wd with air bags?:confused:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Got rid of mine about a month ago and love the results. I do agree the ride is a lot smoother. Will be adding my traction bars next week.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Why did you get rid of the sway bar? I know the 4x4 guys do it to gain more articulation and suspension travel, but why would you need to remove the sway bar on a 2wd with air bags?:confused:
It allows the front wheels to move independently. Allows for a better ride.

Unbolt 1 of the control links and drive a bit. If you don't like it spend 30 seconds replacing the bolt. If you like it remove the whole sway bar which takes all of 10 minutes.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
What are the downsides of taking it off?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
^^^^ stock suspension will let the truck roll alot side to side. If your running coilovers its not so bad, if i had c/o's thats the first thing i'd take off.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I've had the swaybar off since December when I upgraded to Bilsteins and 08 4x4 coils. Did it for about a week with the OEM strut and hated it. Sway is still there somewhat, its something you get use to. The ride is soo much smoother.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
It allows the front wheels to move independently. Allows for a better ride.

Unbolt 1 of the control links and drive a bit. If you don't like it spend 30 seconds replacing the bolt. If you like it remove the whole sway bar which takes all of 10 minutes.
Thanks...I'll try it out and see if I like it.

The only thing I wish I could improve is the handling. The front leans way too much in turns for my tastes. I'm wondering if the '08 4x4 spring upgrade and 5100 Bilsteins would help with this...

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks...I'll try it out and see if I like it.

The only thing I wish I could improve is the handling. The front leans way too much in turns for my tastes. I'm wondering if the '08 4x4 spring upgrade and 5100 Bilsteins would help with this...
If you are trying to improve the handling, then taking the sway bar off is not going to work. Removing the sway bar improves the ride dramatically, but you will lose some in the handling department. Stiffer springs and the 5100's will help though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts