Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the only thing that i have on my truck is a leveling kit and for some reason my swaybar migrates over to my dr side and hits my strut mount idk why but it sounds bad and rides like s!!! i have moved it back but it just slides on back.

·
Registered
432 Posts
the only thing that i have on my truck is a leveling kit and for some reason my swaybar migrates over to my dr side and hits my strut mount idk why but it sounds bad and rides like s!!! i have moved it back but it just slides on back.
What size level kit? Are you still using your OEM endlinks? Depending on the leveling kit, you may need to get stronger endlinks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm not exactly having the same issue but I'm hearing knocking and I suspect it's the sway bar. I'm going to remove the end links and see. When you say stronger end links, who makes stronger OEM sized end links? PRG's are for lifted or lower trucks aren't they?

·
Registered
432 Posts
In reading over the OP's post, I'm not sure if it's the same issue I was encountering. I dropped in the 3" RC spacers up front and I was having problems with the sway bar. I ordered the PRG endlinks and when I went to put them on, I saw that the OEMs were bent. (all within a week) I haven't had an issue with the PRG endlinks after ~8000mi.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not sure i bought it with it on it, and yes there are just oem i think i saw prg make some end links for non lifted ones also but not sure

·
Registered
11,152 Posts

Take a look and there should be two round aluminum clamps on the bar that are pressured fitted on. I'm betting one of them came loose allowing the clamp to slide on the swaybar which shifted in that direction.

Swaybar, Item# 54611, you will see these round clips on the swaybar. Unfortinatley you can only replace them by buying a new swaybar.

401 Front Suspension :: Axle & Suspension :: Genuine Nissan Parts :: Titan Parts (A60) 2004-2011 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

Solution: Go to the auto parts store and purchase couple hose clamps, placing them around the aluminum portion to ensure they don't move. You will need to make sure you move your swaybar back to its original position before doing so of course.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Take a look and there should be two round aluminum clamps on the bar that are pressured fitted on. I'm betting one of them came loose allowing the clamp to slide on the swaybar which shifted in that direction.

Swaybar, Item# 54611, you will see these round clips on the swaybar. Unfortinatley you can only replace them by buying a new swaybar.

401 Front Suspension :: Axle & Suspension :: Genuine Nissan Parts :: Titan Parts (A60) 2004-2011 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

Solution: Go to the auto parts store and purchase couple hose clamps, placing them around the aluminum portion to ensure they don't move. You will need to make sure you move your swaybar back to its original position before doing so of course.
see thats what i thought so i took it off wrapped the bar with electrical tape to try and make up the gap in the bushing and it didnt even last 10 miles and started hitting again, also its got the like this part of the bar that is higher up to stop it from hitting but they dont do there job

1 - 7 of 7 Posts