Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I purchased a chrome front bumper with 2 brackets and I have no clue how the brackets go mounted. I already took off my old plastic bumper along with all the metal brackets for it (atleast I think) and now i'm stumped! Can anyone kinda describe how the bumper brackets go or show me a diagram? Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
161,880 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh nevermind I just asked my dad and he said that there werent any brackets when he picked up the chrome bumper. I need to buy brackets for the chrome bumper correct? Also that diagram is for the plastic bumper isn't it?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Plastic? Chrome? I'm confused... The center section is chromed as is the complete bumper... and it has plastic endcaps on it to either side of the chromed center section that is designed to protrude forward to be flush with the plastic endcaps.... Are you sure it's a Titan? :huh:

·
Super Moderator
161,880 Posts
That's the chromed metal bumper. This is the plastic one.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
lol im sure its a titan =D I had the regular full plastic bumper when I got the truck and I took that off to replace it with the chrome front bumper that has the plastic end caps. Now my question is, is there any different brackets that I need to purchase to put the chrome bumper on? The original was the plastic painted front bumper.....

EDIT so now after comparing both of those pics the only brackets I see that are different are the 62217 and the 626740?

·
Super Moderator
161,880 Posts
Looks like those are the biggies, yes.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I think you should get one of these wicked custom front bumpers......

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Now THAT would look wicked with a few coats of spray on bed liner...... :upsidedow

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So here is my situation now, I went to the Nissan Dealer and bought both of those metal support brackets that were needed when changing over to the chrome front bumper and now I don't know where to mount the brackets. Like the holes don't seem to line up anywhere on the front end? I googled the part number and it shows that the bracket mounts to where the inner fender goes? Im stumped!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another question. My front fender has 2 holes on the inside lip by the front bumper where there were like bolts running from the fender to the plastic bumper but now when I replaced the bumper with the chrome front bumper, there are no holes or anything on the bumper. So my question is, is there 2 different front fenders for the XE with plastic front bumpers and the LE with the chrome front bumpers? I only ask because of those bolt holes and there is like a 1 inch gap between the fender and the top of the bumper.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello , I have an 05 xe kc that i converted from plastic front bumper to a painted pro4x front bumper. the holes in the front fenders you are talking about are for plastic nuts that snap in there for bolts that help hold on the plastic bumper. all the titan fenders are the same. the gap you are talking about is normal on the le and se trim level trucks. it took me awhile to get the gaps and every thing to line up and look right. i just left those plastic nuts snapped into the fenders.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts