Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to switch to sirius but need some help, where is and how do you remove the xm tuner. Anyone that can help your info will be much appreciated

·
Super Moderator
93,617 Posts
If your talking about your factory RF system, I think you're going to have to change out the head uint to do that. Tech12Volts would be a good person to PM on it.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
If I remember correctly XM and Sirius are merging, allowing all channels from both companys to be played on the same reciever.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the rf6 head unit and don't care for the xm just not sure how to get to xm tuner

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
twistedfreedom said:
If I remember correctly XM and Sirius are merging, allowing all channels from both companys to be played on the same reciever.
NOT your current receiver! Each company uses an entirely different way of encoding their stream and current receivers for one won't work with the other. Future receivers, assuming the merger is approved, will probably be able to receive both services.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
rye said:
I would like to switch to sirius but need some help, where is and how do you remove the xm tuner. Anyone that can help your info will be much appreciated

here is the install document that shows where the tuner is

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts