Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Yeah, I have them for the high beams, HIDs for the lows.

2004 NISSAN Titan
Low beam headlamp
9006SU SilverStar Ultra: The brightest and whitest light. Up to 50% brighter, up to 40% more downroad visibility and up to 50% more sideroad visibility.
9006ST SilverStar: The brighter and whiter light. Up to 35% brighter, up to 30% more downroad visibility and up to 35% more sideroad visibility.
9006EB EcoBright - Your Environmental Choice. Save Energy - Save Money. Up to 25% brighter light. CO2 reduced 9 to 21%. Gas savings $2 to $19.
9006XV XtraVision: The brighter light for upgraded performance. Up to 30% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.
9006CB Cool Blue: The whiter light for style. Up to 25% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.

High beam headlamp
9005SU SilverStar Ultra: The brightest and whitest light. Up to 50% brighter, up to 40% more downroad visibility and up to 50% more sideroad visibility.
9005ST SilverStar: The brighter and whiter light. Up to 35% brighter, up to 30% more downroad visibility and up to 35% more sideroad visibility.
9005EB EcoBright - Your Environmental Choice. Save Energy - Save Money. Up to 25% brighter light. CO2 reduced 9 to 21%. Gas savings $2 to $19.
9005XV XtraVision: The brighter light for upgraded performance. Up to 30% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.
9005CB Cool Blue: The whiter light for style. Up to 25% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Yeah, I run the SilverStar Ultras in my low beams on my 04', I just put them in like 2-3 weeks ago. You can kinda see the light of them in my sig.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
I'll be putting the ultra in for both low and high beam as soon as I get around to it. Had them in my old truck, they have more of a white beam rather than yellow.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have them in the Low and Hi. Huge improvement from stock. As for doing a hid conversion, blah. Our OEM headlamps were not meant for HID's. They will not throw the light/beam correctly. Theres a reason that all OEM HID's are placed in projector housings. Check this out, Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply
Not sure where you got that impression; there's tons of OE HID reflector setups.

I do agree though that HID's in housings designed for halogens makes for a less than ideal light pattern.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Have them in my 04. love em. I installed the fogs first. then realized how crappy they made my low beams look. Prolly not gonna install in the high.

Quick note. i bought the loow beams then went to install and could only find the high, which i mistaked for the low and it would not fit. so i returned them,

2nd go around i found out to go thru the tire well to change the low beam. I looked like a girl.

Reactions: kings treat

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
The HIDs in my low beams make everything look yellow, including the Ultras, although they look alot less yellow than OEM bulbs.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Buy your Ultra's on Ebay, you'll save 10 - 20 bucks a set. Stores sell them for anywhere from 39.99 to 49.99, You can get them on ebay for around $30

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I had low beam Silver Star Ultras and they were much whiter, and were as good alone as having the OEM plus the OEM fogs on at the same time. But ...

One of my Ultra's died after less than a year IIRC, and the other side wasn't in much longer. I believe that they were the same wattage as stock so I was surprised. Also my headlight fixtures got all peely on the outer surface when I had them on, but I was trying to presoak a layer of bugs off with simple green and had them on on the way to the car wash, so the bug/green slurry might have asorbed the head and caused the fixtures to become textured, Idk. :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
I had low beam Silver Star Ultras and they were much whiter, and were as good alone as having the OEM plus the OEM fogs on at the same time. But ...

One of my Ultra's died after less than a year IIRC, and the other side wasn't in much longer. I believe that they were the same wattage as stock so I was surprised. Also my headlight fixtures got all peely on the outer surface when I had them on, but I was trying to presoak a layer of bugs off with simple green and had them on on the way to the car wash, so the bug/green slurry might have asorbed the head and caused the fixtures to become textured, Idk. :)
I've had SS's in previous trucks and noted the same thing - short bulb life. Didn't matter if it was headlight or fog, they both died much quicker than any standard halogens I've used.

And FYI composite headlamps as used in basically everything today have a sort of clear coat on the outside of the lens. It keeps the plastic from yellowing, but it has a useful life and does die at some point. That clear on my '04 has failed in a couple of parts of the lens as well. The only real option, if it bothers you enough, is to wet sand that clear coat off and polish the lens out. They'll look like new again, but you'll find since you've removed that CC you'll have to touch up the lens every few weeks with a polish or compound to get rid of the yellow/haze that continually returns.

Reactions: NorCal 4x4

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
I had the ultras and they did not last that long wither .. less than a year .. I now have HID's in my lows and fogs and they are great. 100 times better the the ultras and not that much more expensive.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
My last set of ultra's were 2 years old and still burning bright when I traded in my 01 F150 on the T. I had traded out the factory headlights and corner lights for clear lenses, they were plastic and I never had any problems with the Silverstars doing anything to the plastic.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Wow, that took three minutes, Thanks. Would you recomend them for a low beam app?
A $60 HID Kit from Armaden... I went through spending over $200 on replacing burnt out SilverStar Ultras before getting an HID kif for the lows.. Shoulda done it sooner is my only regret, for the $20 difference and extreme life span difference I coulda saved myself over $140. :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts