Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing around in some loose wet sand the other day in 4 low, not gunning it or anything, just plugging around going up a hill, or trying to. Once forward momentum was reduced to a crawl due to poor traction, the Titan would cut power, RPM's would all but bottom out, and then it would regain it's power for two seconds or so then cut out again.
Is this a possible problem, or just my paranoia that something is about to blow? I would assume it is the Titans version of traction control, but want to make sure before/if things get ugly.
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I was playing around in some loose wet sand the other day in 4 low, not gunning it or anything, just plugging around going up a hill, or trying to. Once forward momentum was reduced to a crawl due to poor traction, the Titan would cut power, RPM's would all but bottom out, and then it would regain it's power for two seconds or so then cut out again.
Is this a possible problem, or just my paranoia that something is about to blow? I would assume it is the Titans version of traction control, but want to make sure before/if things get ugly.
Thanks in advance!
Give me your truck and you will have no more worries! Love the set up you have.

Okay, back on topic; it's not what my truck does in 4 lo but then again, I have an '04 with Truetrac and can shut off the VDC.

I would assume that's part of the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts