Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about to start putting my stereo system together in my 2010 titan.. but need guidance in a few areas..

1. anyone have a how to replace dash speaker tutorial..?? i don't want to screw anything up..

2. anyone care to tell me the best way to remove the door panels without busting anything..??

3. what is the best way to fire the subs..?? up or down..?? probably going with a tech12volt 2x10 box i have 2 new punch p3 shallow mount subs..

4. probably going to use my factory head unit until i find a head unit i really like..i have the non RF 6 dics changer.. but does the factory head unit perform ok..??

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Im starting my 3rd box for my titan to day. I will post pictures for you when im done. It will be home to one RE SR 10".

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice.. is it difficult to remove the 2" dash speakers..?? and what is a good drop in replacement..??

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Not hard at all. As far as replacements, theres not much out there for just drop in. You could get a comp. set and put the tweeters there. Let me go take some pictures.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
This is my comp set and a how NOT to. Take a look, a good look at the door before trying to pry it off. I missed a bolt and popped the bottom off.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any trick to getting the tweeters out of the dash..??

and is my factory head unit gonna pretty much blow till i get me a after market head..??

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Reactions: Bashlin

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
There are 5 screw in the door panel. 2 under the arm rest pad(just pull up on the pad and it pops off) 2 behind the plastic piece on the pull handle (a small flat head will pry it off easily) and one behind the door handle. I think they are all 10mm bolts or maybe 8mm I can't remember. Hope this helps

Reactions: Bashlin

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
All 10mm........

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Can anyone provide wire color identification on the back of the radio (6-disc non-RF for me)?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
07titan, do you like the way you installed the dash tweeters..?? or do you have any regrets..i just want to know if it's possible to install them inside the dash or A pillars, or is cutting the speaker grills the way to go

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Yeah I like it. It sounds great and has a little flash but not too much.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It wont suck if you get something like this:

Kicker ZX10SUM8 Zero Summing Device for OEM Integration, 10ZXSUM8

There are many companys that make them, this is just an example.

As far as the dash speakers go, I just used a flat head screwdriver.
installed one of these on my factory head unit, but it still isn't performing as expected.. any thing over 22 on the volume level is starting to distort..could this be a issue with the head unit or possible issue else where..??

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, got everything fixed now.. the issue was with my amp..had it turned WAY to high..turned the thing down and the speakers are clear all the way up to ear bleed levels.. i have a 1600 watt amp on my mids and highs so i had some room to adjust ..lol

pics of the install to come soon..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts