Nissan Titan Forum banner

System Not Bumpin

1K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  OneQuick06 
#1 ·
What did I do wrong? The bass does not really come in till the volume level is around 15 to 20 on the radio. I am use to the volume at 10 and the bass lightly shaking the rear view mirror.

Set Up: Sony MEX DV2000 head unit(4 volt preamp output), 2 Orion HCCA 225's (bridged mono 1 ohm, 400 watts to each L7), 2 L710's 2ohm, Tech12volt L7 FF box, 4 gauge power. This set up should rock the world, but does not.

I did add poly fill to the box, Not over stuffed, Could this be the cause?

Tried high pass set to 80 & 120hz, low pass set to 80 & 120hz,
Sub level is maxed out, Gains tuned, different RCA path cords.

The L7's are new and have had a couple days to burn in.

It hit harder with the 2 8" Bazookas i had installed.

It is not the amps, I ran them 1 at a time with the Bazookas to make sure there was nothing wrong with them. Tested each voice coil to be sure there was not one burnt.

If i cannot figure it out i will build a new box, if that does not work the Box and L7's will be sold.

See less See more
#2 ·
Its not the box or the L7s . Its a power problem. You are probably not really seeing 400 watts with those amps at 1 ohm. try reversing the polarity on the subs also. Lots of times when FF subs you will need to wire both subs out of phase. ALso make sure you dont have a phase probloem. Try the l7 subs one at time and see if you get any difference. I have used l7s in a FF enclosure here and we ran 1200 watts rms on them and they pounded. Shook your insides in the exact same enclosure you have

#3 ·
My last resort will be a new box, not going to scrap it any time soon.
Did the poly fill hurt?

These are the old school 2nd Gen 225's, before the DEI buy out. I have seen test where they put out closer to 425 at 1ohm.

Going to reverse the polarity and post back later.

#4 ·
Does your amp look like this? If so those amps really didnt make tons of power til you dropped them down to half ohm. But you have to have the current to let it work and they do get rather warm. These old school are very good but only if you can feed the current to them

Attachments

#5 ·
Close that is a Gen 3 with the crossover, my Gen 2 look like them with out the crossover.

Swapped polarity and it helped some, may need the subs to burn in some more.
May try 1 225 at .5ohm stereo, only stable at .5ohm in stereo mode.

Need to fix the display on my CEQ7 so i can play with the parametric EQ setting.

Gen 1 225 mono 2ohm on 2 12" Savard's in a Nissan 720 single cab hit a 138, swapped out to Kicker Comp 12's, never got them metered, was much louder.
Same amp 4 Kicker comp 10's 90 Chevy Standard cab hit 127, swapped to 4 JL W1 12's same pressure sound not as clean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.