Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little disappointed when I raced my friend's bone stock 5.0 f-150. He beat me by a hood length in 2 pulls from 20-95(5.0 shuts off at 95). Even though the 5.0 had 360hp I figured with my mods ( CAI, TBS, JBA LTs, Cajun 2.5 catless resos, Cajun y pipe, and uprev) I would've had him by at least a truck length

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
How much weight is he pushing verses what your pushing?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Also looks like you've got some beefy tires. Those things kill speed.

Reactions: LUBECAKES

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
At 90 MPH??? That lift has a lot of effect. The KO2 tires are heavy and that will slow you down.

Reactions: LUBECAKES

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The lift will have to stay but I still have my stock wheels and tires I could change out for a race.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I ran my buddies 2015 5.0 the other week from about 55-85/90 and he only pulled me by MAYBE a half a truck length. I am running tall heavy 10 ply tires(275-65-20 Toyo AT2s) but he is also running some 285 BFG ATs. He is bone stock other than a leveling kit and tint.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to change back to stock rims and tires. Remove the spare and any other extra weight I can. He is talking a bunch of crap and well, we just can't have that.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Start from a dig not a roll. Titans have amazing low end. It might help enough to hold him off on the top end.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
That 4" lift is going to kill you at anything faster than 40 mph. Aerodynamics change a ton when you get up to speed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was planning on switching back to my stock wheels and tires for a rematch. I know the small tires won't be in proper alignment but will it hurt to go with them just for a day then switch back to my big tires and not have any alignment issue?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Those tires add some many lbs , tell him to see you on some stock wheels and a dig no contest with that triton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
511 Posts
I don't think they are called triton's anymore. I agree that the tires and the roll are killing you, the 5.0 makes its power up top.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Just looked into it the 2013-2015 is putting out some nice numbers for hp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know I can get him if I switch tires and launch in 4wd. I just wanna know if switching back to my stock tires for a day or two to race him and my buddies 6.0 f-350 And then switch back to my big tires of that will cause and severe alignment issues.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts