Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This race was at the track today. He spun a little off the line and ran a 2.1 60' to my 2.08. I got him by 2 lengths off of the jump due to my better R/T. I held him off till about 20 feet before the 1/8 mile line when he walked my azz the rest of the way. He ran a 13.5, he just had exhaust and a diablo tuner. No this is not a stub story. LOL In a good DA he'd run 12.9's all day and I'll run 13.9's:)

It was an automatic by the way.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
This race was at the track today. He spun a little off the line and ran a 2.1 60' to my 2.08. I got him by 2 lengths off of the jump due to my better R/T. I held him off till about 20 feet before the 1/8 mile line when he walked my azz the rest of the way. He ran a 13.5, he just had exhaust and a diablo tuner. No this is not a stub story. LOL In a good DA he'd run 12.9's all day and I'll run 13.9's:)

It was an automatic by the way.
Good job man, what were your times today? You beat your previous record?

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hey daytona, what do you think, off the top of your head, a 300 srt8 with volant intake and a 380 lb driver would run? My buddy has one, and we've been going back in fourth about who is faster, but haven't had a chance to take it to the track. I keep telling him, his car may be faster than my truck, but not with him driving it. He's 6'6 and damn near 400 lbs. Is his weight enough to make it close? lol

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
He should still be able to run 13's even with his weight, he just has to cut a decent 60ft. There's an ESP button they have to press to turn off traction controll, thing is most owners don't know they have to hold the button down for 30 seconds in order to really turn it off. If you just press the button it shows on your instrument cluster that ESP is off, but it's not really deactivated. Well, this is what I read when I had my Hemi Magnum RT, I'm not sure if it's the same on the SRT 8 LX platform cars, I'm almost certain they have the same ESP button though.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I was shocked when i saw this title, and it wasnt stub's thread!
I'm not full of chit like stub either!! You have to remember I cut 1.9 or 2.0 60' all day and good R/T's. I get 90% of cars off the line at least by 1 length.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey daytona, what do you think, off the top of your head, a 300 srt8 with volant intake and a 380 lb driver would run? My buddy has one, and we've been going back in fourth about who is faster, but haven't had a chance to take it to the track. I keep telling him, his car may be faster than my truck, but not with him driving it. He's 6'6 and damn near 400 lbs. Is his weight enough to make it close? lol
i say it should be a good run with you from a low roll or dig but dont run a 60 roll cause he willpull. He is a heavy guy so im guessing [email protected] 104. the driver of the 300srt8 in my videos weighs around 280lbs and bone stock with just intake he ran [email protected] in this texas heat

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'd take him in the 1/8 IMO but he'd pull you by 4 at the end. That srt-8 I raced had some serious top end and beat me by 6 at the end and he was only 1/2 length up at the 1/8 mile line.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
How are you cutting such good 60' time's Deerslyer? The best i've done on DR's is 1.90.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How are you cutting such good 60' time's Deerslyer? The best i've done on DR's is 1.90.
I launch in 4wd. The Titans 4wd system is way under-rated IMO. I'll change my sig so people know. LOL

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Oh... i was wondering.

·
Registered
884 Posts
whats ya d.a like over there. During this time ours are like +2200 with about 80% humidity.
About 1500-2500 on a good day. Plus it goes up hill. I'm only 28 but I hear so cal use to be littered with 1/4 mile tracks. Now all we have is a few 1/8 mile tracks and one crappy 1/4 mile. I hear famosa is awesome but it's about 2 hours away and I hear it's always crowded. Not to mention they race on Friday nights. Way too much traffic coming from Los Angeles on a Friday

·
Registered
299 Posts
uhhh he spun a little becase he let off unless it was one of the worst running tuned SRT8's known to man. If you have ever ridden in any SRT8 with a tune you would know- they will still spin at 50-60 with traction control on they are wicked for sure!!!! So he spun a little then let off since you were in a a truck he knew he could kick your azz ...... nice try though

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Of course he let off when he spun, that's what you have to do unless you want to keep spinning. I could spin my Titan 1/2 way down the track when it was stock. I don't understand the point of your comment. Seems like you are trying to be a d*ck, which is ok, but by saying "he let off because you were in a truck and he knew he would win", sounds a little:confused::ftard:...He probably let off because he didn't want to keep burning his tires off

Is this coming from the guy who posted an SRT-8 kill?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts