Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im just curious if anyones ever had this problem ? i did on my last titan and warrenty would no cover it.

*the bolts on the bed part*
anyways the cables that hold the tailgate on, those^ bolts ^like to come loose alot and once one came off i closed my tailgate without knowing and it cracked my tail light...also put a crease in the tailgate...

so i was wondering if anyones ever noticed that ? because if not i would just suggest you make sure they are tight every so often...

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
On my truck the bolt came out on the top end of the cable by the right light. After putting it back I checked the other side and it too was loose. Put a dab of loctite on the bolt.

Clint

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
One other thing that I've noticed is sometimes after closing the gate I see that the cable is sticking out between the gate and light because it binds up so I put a small amount of WD-40 on the connection to make the cable slip easier.

Clint

·
Registered
976 Posts
i've never had problems with my tailgate to date, cable, mounts, bolts all holding up, but i will now give them a turn for snuggness. I've been impressed with the tailgate so far, very sturdy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Clint said:
One other thing that I've noticed is sometimes after closing the gate I see that the cable is sticking out between the gate and light because it binds up so I put a small amount of WD-40 on the connection to make the cable slip easier.

Clint
Good advice!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine came loose as well. I caught it while closing the tailgate so no damage
was done. I put locktite on about a year ago and have had no further issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts