Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guy's I am new to this site but I need some help here. One of the reasons I bought my new o7 Titan was to haul my quad ( Outlander Max 800) anyway when I load it on the bed the rear wheels are resting almost at the end of the tailgate. Now for my question. Can I get stronger cables/bolts to hold this with out worrying about a problem?

Bob

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Bassin Bob said:
One of the reasons I bought my new o7 Titan was to haul my quad

Bob
That is exactly the reason why I purchased King Cab instead of the Crew Cab. Although I still need an inch or so to close the tailgate, most of the weight is on the bed.

But,there are a lot of guys on here who haul their quads and cycles on a crew cab and I don't think they have had any issues with the weight on the tailgate. When I load my Polaris 500 all of the weight is on the tailgate and I have never had any problems with the original cables.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just use a piece of plywood and it seems tohelp transfer the weight just fine... and it protects your bed....give it a try

·
Registered
801 Posts
dmc601 said:
I just use a piece of plywood and it seems tohelp transfer the weight just fine... and it protects your bed....give it a try
Good idea, but I've never had a problem and I haul my Honda foreman all the time in my CC since 2004.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
The plywood is a great idea. Or you can try backing it in to put the weight in front. But the 3/4 plywood I would think would take care of it and you may get a little more room to hang it past the tailgate a little. Just make sure you strap it down real good because the plywood will slide alot more easy than tires with the brakes on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts