Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got done doing this so I thought I would post it up. I added the tailgate lights to my truck. First I got a set of lights that had the tailgate lights ( sorry dont have any pics of them before install)
next I cut out the section where they would shine through using a cut off wheel and a grinding stone to smooth it out.

next I painted it with Nissan paint

next I used fuel line to make a gasket and sealed it with white ****ing

then I weird it removing the rear passenger kicker panel

next I found the light green wire and spliced into it. next i drilled a small hole through the body to run a weir through.

after that I ran the wire back to both head lights and weird the bulb holder that I bought up. You can see it hanging off to the side

next I plunged in all the lights and put the my new tinted tail lights in.
here is a few pics of them during the day

and here is a pic of the tailgate light at night

sorry for not having a lot of detail just wanted to get it up really fast. Over all a easy install as long as you have the right tools and know a little about how to weir stuff up.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
niiiice. Now you hafta get ahold of ARMADEN and get the LEDs...like night n day...HUGE difference..

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of work just to get the OEM tailgate lighting... You definitely did a good job though. If mine wasn't factory, I would probably think of a different alternative to having to buy OEM tail lights w/ tailgate lights then cutting and wiring it up... Like maybe a strip of LED lights affixed to the side rails between the tailgate and bedside... There is plenty of clearance to clear a light strip... My $.02 and personal opinion... But again, you did good!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
niiiice. Now you hafta get ahold of ARMADEN and get the LEDs...like night n day...HUGE difference..
def gona do that here in the near future

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that's a lot of work just to get the OEM tailgate lighting... You definitely did a good job though. If mine wasn't factory, I would probably think of a different alternative to having to buy OEM tail lights w/ tailgate lights then cutting and wiring it up... Like maybe a strip of LED lights affixed to the side rails between the tailgate and bedside... There is plenty of clearance to clear a light strip... My $.02 and personal opinion... But again, you did good!
thanks man it was a little bit of work but I really enjoyed it. I would have gona a different way if I hadnt already had the. my stock lights got hit by the trash can and the lens broke and my girl got me these lights. but I agree there is a lot of room in that area to just put a trailer light or an LED strip.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I was talking to Beason about this last night.
and i thought my truck came pre-wired for that light.
just wondering you obviously don't have an LE, since they come factory. do you have an SE ot XE ?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was talking to Beason about this last night.
and i thought my truck came pre-wired for that light.
just wondering you obviously don't have an LE, since they come factory. do you have an SE ot XE ?
I have an XE. Any truck with the utility bed package will have them though

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
right, i got an SE w/o the utility bed.
but i was looking at the wiring harness from courtesy parts.

look at the part inside the black square. im' pretty sure it's for the cargo light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts