Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been without my truck for about a week now. I'm waiting on the Nissan body shop to realign the tailgate so the bottom edge doesn't rest against the bed when open. Did not find out about this issue until I went to use the bed for the first time.

Anyone else have an issue where the tailgate is being supported by the bed and not the cables because of an alignment issue?

'22 Pro4X
Automotive parking light Car Plant Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
5,291 Posts
and your truck is brand spanking new. mine doesn't do it, that i know of but i now have something to look at when i get home

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Is it a bent hinge?

Clint

·
Registered
2019 Pro4X
19 Posts
Hope it gets resolved. Does anyone know if there is a stated weight limit on the tailgate? I'm a bigger dude so I try not to stand or sit on mine when it's down just because of the idea of this happening but I know I've done it before, luckily without problem so far. Just curious if I'm being overly cautious.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Google shows the titan tailgate is rated for 200 pounds. I know I have put more on it though because I am 200 dressed and I have put a fridge on it with me on it too

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
i bet it will actually do an atv. it looks like any other tailgate i have had on a truck and they all held lots of weight. i never even thought about a weight limit on a tailgate till someone posted on here in the past about the cables breaking.

wow. i just googled tailgate weights and some manufacturers put theirs at 700 and some down as low as 200, with everything in between too. the cables are generally good for 840 pounds working load and breaking strength of 4200, each cable.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve
116 Posts
Our tailgate seems fine, however, our front bumper, as well as the hood seem slightly misaligned. Not to where they are rubbing or anything, but the bumper on one side is dead even with bottom of the grill area, and on the other side, it's set back about 1/2". The hood gap across the front is not even either, there is slightly more rubber gasket showing on one side than the other, it was brand new, 300 km's on it when we got it. I have made casual mention of it to our service dept but don't know if they care or not, I have much warranty left and will bring it up if it bothers me still then.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
the bumpers always look crooked on the front. i noticed that when i got mine too so i looked at all the rest on the lot and they were the same. i guess thats just how the assembly line hangs them

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
the bumpers always look crooked on the front. i noticed that when i got mine too so i looked at all the rest on the lot and they were the same. i guess thats just how the assembly line hangs them
Are you now making go look at mine to see if it’s the same??? If it’s crooked it’s you fault, I’ve never noticed, lol.

Clint

• Haha
Reactions: busemans

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Ok, I looked at my front bumper and the chrome section is slightly higher on the drivers side but not enough to make a difference. It’ll be 2 years old in two months and never noticed it before.

Clint

Reactions: busemans
1 - 15 of 15 Posts