Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You would think Nissan's bodyshop would be able to match paint on a 2009 vehicle, wouldn't you?

We got our tailgate replaced (damaged from dealer lot attendant) and it took 3 weeks. When they finally got the tailgate, the paint shade was WAY off. Our 2009 Titan is kind of a off white (don't know the paint code off hand) and this tailgate was sprayed pure white.

I *****ed at the sales manager who was supposed to take care of all this and he goes on to talk about how paint fades in the sun, yada yada yada. I'm like yeah, thats normal for a 10 year old car, not one that is less the two years old. He goes on to comparing the mismatched paint to when you repaint a bedroom wall and the new is more glossy, etc.

I called b.s. and showed him if that were true, the door jams should be a different shade then the rest of the truck since they don't see daylight. He had no answer.

The tailgate was also misaligned and the left side was about 1/8" proud of the bed of the truck.

This is very frustrating. They still have my truck and gave my wife a P.O.S. Caravan to drive in the mean time. She's pissed.

This is Hudiburg Nissan on I-240 in Oklahoma City.

End rant.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Stay on them. I have to take my wifes Versa up there today due to them screwing it up before delivery. They scraped the bumper on a light post or somthing and scratched it up.

If your having trouble CALL NISSAN on them. Have Nissan Inquire about how and why they cant seem to order the correct part with the correct paint code.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
That sucks, ours did the same thing with a bumper end cap but I noticed it like a year later. My local bodyshop which is the size of 2 7 elevens combined matched the paint perfectly on my 2 year old truck after my front end accident. Keep on em and request a different place to fix it

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well,

We got the new tailgate resprayed and installed last week. They ended up matching the paint really good, but of course they had to screw something else up. They put the wrong model designation on the rear. We have a SE model and they put LE on the tailgate. I pointed this out to the sales manager and told him his dealership and collision repair facility is full of incompetent fools. I had enough of them that I didn't want them to touch my vehicle anymore. They also chipped the paint along the edge of the bed where the tailgate lines up.

Oh, and I told them two weeks before the thing needs a new shifter because the truck will not go into "manual mode." I dropped the vehicle off to get that fixed in the morning before the place even opened and then they call me at closing time stating the technician said the shifter has to be replaced and that they have to order the part. I was furious. They had the truck the whole damn day and waited till they closed to tell me something I already knew weeks before.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Dude, I feel your pain. The only delership that i will take mine to is Fenton WEST. Phil is my service guy. I have tried Fenton EAST and they suck as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts